Poor Man's Rocky Mountain Brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Poor Man's Rocky Mountain Brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

Following a Felix Graves Tinkerin Tips these are two Model A Ford backing plate flanges that have been modified to fit on a Model T rear axle, allowing you to use the Model A rear brake assembly. I'll include a copy of the original Tinkerin Tips article. $100 including shipping in the CONUS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Joe, I am interested in this. What brake drums does this use, -and what wheels must you use??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Ogden on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:54 am:

That is a really cool mod. I mulled over using Model A brakes and didn't know why most people don't. On my last speedster I set up the e-brake as a functional cutting brake that I could use regularly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Brent, I'll re-read the original article, but I believe you can use the original 26/27 brake drum with the model A rear brakes. I think the brake drum band used on Model A drums will fit the 26/27 brake drum to help keep the drum from growing. This will allow you to use the stock Model T wheel. Beyond that the early V8 brakes will bolt up to the flanges and now you have hydraulic brakes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Ruth on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Joe - you have s buyer here! See your private message I sent

Thxs
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Sold, thanks John and MTFCA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration