FS. Aluminum body on a rolling chassis w/ fenders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS. Aluminum body on a rolling chassis w/ fenders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

I'm looking to sell my aluminum body model t .... it is on a nice rolling chassis with good wheels and tires..... no motor....it does have fenders and running boards ... all glass is there but needs interior..... I'd be willing to sell just body if any interest..... I'll get some pics later this week..... and the body is in very nice shape ..... local pickup only , possible deliver to Hershey..... price is open depending on who wants what..... please call to discuss if interested.... 860-307-two 850 keith from Connecticut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

What body style do you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

It's an early 1923 fordor..... no cowl vent and low radiator..... it's stripped to bare aluminum..... hoping to have pics for the weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

I have seen the car, Real nice body and sheet metal , Put my '23 rebuilt engine in it and you are good to go, Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

Pics are on hartford Connecticut Craigslist ..... still can't figure out how to post here..... thanks keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-model/6241362705.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Thanks for posting the pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

That is cool! I would love to hear more of the story about Aluminum bodies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:13 am:

1915 Centerdoor bodies were also made out of aluminium, but high costs for the material and a limited gain in weight caused a change to steel from 1916. The same story was repeated at the intro of the Fordor in 1923, but the change to steel was more gradual into 1924.

There were aluminium skinned bodies in 1909 too, made by one of the body producers, Beaudett in Pontiac, Michigan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

I have hood and radiator and shell that goes with car just not in pic......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

My 24 fordor has aluminum door skins, quarter window panels and the upper rear window panel. The rest of the body is steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration