Wanted: Edison Phonograph spring barrel parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Edison Phonograph spring barrel parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

I just bought an Edison green oak home phonograph off ebay. The machine is in pretty decent shape but, the bull gear on the spring barrel has three damaged teeth. Also, somebody has modified the arbor shaft in order to be able to use a spring that was not made for the motor. Does anybody have a good bull gear for an edison home phonograph? I also need a arbor shaft with good gear and ratchet gear with the spring cover. I don't need the barrel itself but, I'll buy the whole thing if necessary. The spring barrel I need is open in the back where the bull gear attaches. The later ones just have a small hole for adding grease.

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Got a pic of what you want or an edison part number i can refer to in my books ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Stephen,

George Vollema will have it;

Victrola@triton.net

http://www.victroladoctor.com/

(FYI, not always the cheapest source but sometimes not too bad...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

part number/s ?

application/pdfhome part numbers
home.pdf (138.0 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Hi Ivan,

I sent you a Pm.

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

Steven:

Suggested caution on spring barrel re-use.... please have barrel magnafluxed for stress cracks and have the spring pin attachments checked for wear..... how do I know ???? the resultant barrel destruction aftre a full wining made quite a mess in the room, not to mention damage done to the rest of the machine. Lucky enough no human damage occurred.

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Steven:

Suggested caution on spring barrel re-use.... please have barrel magnafluxed for stress cracks and have the spring pin attachments checked for wear..... how do I know ???? the resultant barrel destruction aftre a full wining made quite a mess in the room, not to mention damage done to the rest of the machine. Lucky enough no human damage occurred.

Bob J.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration