ISO 26/27 fender to splash apron bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: ISO 26/27 fender to splash apron bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Looking for the bolts that hold the splash apron and fender together , they are 1/4-20 thread with 3/8 heads . Thanks .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:10 am:

I know that I can use "modern" 1/4-20 bolts but they don't look right , I'd like originals if possible to match the rest of the car :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

I used the ones from behind the rear seat back cushion for places where they were visible and replaced the hidden ones with modern 1/4-20's

I don't think anyone reproduces these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 12:50 am:

Just wondering if you were able to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Travis

You can use Model A Ford gas tank fastener bolts, these are approx. the same, length a bit longer, but will look more authentic than hardware store bolts.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/firewall-to-gas-tank-bolts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:03 am:

And square nuts are correct, along with thin washers for sheetmetal support.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration