1926 engine cut down to two cylinders and rebuilt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1926 engine cut down to two cylinders and rebuilt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

I picked this up at least 30 years ago and had it rebuilt by Dave Huson of Colorado. Had plans of building some sort of mini T but after that long in storage other things have crowded it off the To Do list. My old storage bldg. had 14,000 sq ft of bad roof and this thing did get leaked on before roof repairs. It will also need some cleaning up before any use. The pan was cut down with just a pulley on the rear shaft. I planned to cut down a regular pan and use an original trans,it would be nice to see what someone else could do with it. Asking $650 plus shipping. Please PM me if interested. picturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Still trying to get this picture thing worked out.picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 01:52 am:

Does it run?
What kind of rebuild was completed?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

I have not tried to start it. Dave bored it,new pistons,babbit bearings,etc. The ignition would need to be figured out and manifolds modified. There is a patch on the side of the lower block where I presume it threw a rod and led to the cut down. Also a weld along the top of the head where it may have froze and cracked. It looked like it had been in service but showed wear when I got it. Dave did the rebuilding shortly after I got it thirty years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Here are Steve's pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 01:34 am:

John Crane: Its been a long time ago, So I don't remember every thing about it. I use Chevie 350 valves in all my rebuilds. I use T Ford valve springs all valve springs are tested. I use Chevie Valve washers and keepers. I don/t remember for sure but I always have new babbit pored unless the owner Does not want it. I always run a tap down the head bolt holes and blow them out with compressed air. I installed new pistons and rings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Thanks Dave for that posting and for encouraging me to put my T stuff on this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:02 am:

This is pretty nice and one of those items I would scoop up in a heart beat if you were somewhat close by -just because I love seeing all the second lives T's lived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Zachary, I haven't been to Hershey in twelve or fifteen years but others from this area go,would you be interested if I could get it that far?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

I sent a PM to you Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:34 am:

$595 now for this oddball. Be the only one on your block with one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration