1915-1916? Model T steering column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1915-1916? Model T steering column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

I have for sale what I believe is a 1915-1916 T steering column. It does have the brass 1 piece gear case and cast steering wheel spider. The spark throttle levers are steel-I've seen a couple 1915 T's that had brass levers? The bottom frame mounting bracket part # is T932B. Looks pretty straight and complete with steering wishbone at bottom. If I am wrong on the year would appreciate your input. Offering this column for $300 as I have a 1927 T so these parts aren't compatible. Prefer local pickup in NW Minnesota as I don't know how I would ship this safely. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

I think what you have is a bitsa . the cap is a '14, the levers are later, the horn button is 20 ish. The wire tube and column may be '15-'16 if the tube is about 1/4" dia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

Thanks for your input John. I thought the true 1915 columns would have had the horn button on the top and not on the side like this one does and yes I see it is a later horn button. Would you say the brass gear case itself is a '15? I did not see any part numbers on the column tube itself, did Ford ever stamp any on it? I thought the #T932B mounting bracket is an earlier style but I could be wrong. I believe this should have had the flattened levers like the '13-14 column if I recall. I would be open to offers on this if someone would have use for it as it is. It's hard to price something like this fairly sometimes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration