WTB Pick up Tail light with license plate bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Pick up Tail light with license plate bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Does anyone have a 25-27 pickup tail light with a straight license bracket they would part with? The type like the one in the attached photo (without the bent bracket). With a good straight bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:10 am:

I think this is what you are looking for. $32.50 with free shipping in lower 48. All sales by phone only, Please 72-289-2896P!P2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Sold to Mr. Snell. Thank You MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Please forgive me Daniel for using your posting, I see that you got the part you were looking for. WTB: I need the bracket going from the body frame to the tail light for a 26'-27' PU. I've had terrible luck trying to post pictures on this site !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

No problem John, hope you find what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 01:06 am:

John, I could be all wet here, but I THINK the TTs used that same bracket on the factory beds. Might help you in your search. I'm sure someone will chime in here with the correct info. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 01:09 am:

Daniel, don't pitch that old bent bracket, someone could probably use it. It can be straightened very easily. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 08:48 am:

David, I have only seen this bracket (shown) on the smaller PU trucks, NOT the "TT". The photo showing this bracket is about as good as it gets, thanks to Daniel. It is somewhat flat w/two ribs in the center, and a circular opening at one end for the wiring to go thru for the tail light. This bracket isn't used on any other vehicle as far as I know. A year or so, Layden Butler had one for sale but didn't need one then, just my luck !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois,Aldergrove BC,Can. on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Does anyone have a outside mirror for a 26 touring they would like to part with? Sort of like this picture. Doesn't have to be chromed.

Thanks, PaulB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois,Aldergrove BC,Can. on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Sorry Daniel didn't mean to post here. Hit the wrong thing.
PaulB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 04:52 am:

John, you may well be correct, but I THINK somewhere in the past, I saw that this bracket was used on the TT's also. I do know that the TT used a bracket very similar to the one that Daniel posted. I haven't checked out the parts books for the numbers though. It just makes sense that Henry wouldn't use two different brackets for basically the same purpose. As I said, I may be all wet here. :-) Surely someone will chime in here with the correct info. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 08:09 am:

Thanks David for your response, all were helpful. The one I need is exactly like the photo that Daniel posted. Lang's has it, page 87, part #3660DP, RPU drop tail lamp bracket. The Roadster PU I have is such a nice one I'd like to keep it as original as possible. Once owned by Roy Bunnel (Mother Load Model "T" Club) and has never seen snow till I got it !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

If someone has the bracket (for a 26/27 roadster pickup) above the tail light, as shown above, In any condition, I am in need of one. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

The reproduction bracket for the pickup is real nice and correct, true to the original.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3660DP.aspx

Finding an original is difficult, but if wanting patina, you could 'age' one of these easily:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration