Model T "Correct Restoration!"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Model T "Correct Restoration!"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Perhaps he sold it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:51 am:

I think the thread was deleted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:34 am:

A good things it was deleted. We do not need a flight by night folks here. We need great people sharing their passion about ''T ''world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

I believe it was deleted because a certain poster showed his true colors by using vulgar language to describe other contributors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Contributors ? Because of these " contributors" members are fed up . The only contribution , was to make the decent members decide to get off the nonsense . You dont see anything wrong with personal attacks , sarcastic frases and bullying ?But its a big deal using the words Dick and jerk ? Dick Clark loved beef jerk !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Im going to tell your stepfather that your using his computer to put funny faces !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Ford on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=instructions#rules

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

Thanks Mr Ford ! Thats what i call a positive contribution . And we all see now that the cute faces are ot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

"It's fine to disagree strongly with opinions, ideas, and facts"

...this is what some folks on here can't digest and ultimately take offense to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Mike,

Some advice ......

You registered here February 11th, 2017.

Other members posting have been around many years longer than 5 months .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Theres a fine line between strongly desagree and becoming offensive ?!
I guess some of us dont even agree on that . But the ones that got to the point of starting acting like kids dont think they did nothing offensive . Just keep in mind that this whole storm is because
Of some members that think they owed this site and whatever they say is the law of the land and they are the real
character of a T owner .Nope... The same ones left here and went to attack someone else on a thread that had nothi g to do with it . We got a bunch of low llife's here and we can clearly see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

So whats the point Fj ? I see that you always like to check peoples profile !
And i see that many members okder then me also agree with me. So whats their excuse FJ ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Fj : it looks like youre a member for 45 years or so and always tbe same lines: : " is this car located in Miami Fl ? " What about mocking Tim Moore for planning a cross coun try trip ? Many people saw your true colors on that one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Strip clothes off until completely nude. Hold stick firmly. Insert stick in small entry hole in the front of the hive. Twirl stick rapidly, while slapping the left hand on the side of the hive. Stand at attention until results that are incurred are to your liking or fulfill your expectations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Just let it go...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Oh boy ! I like to see what Tim Rogers will say about you .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Words of Wisdom Derek !
Thank you.
But just to play at the same level as the jokers ...
Freud explains : Dont argue with an idiot .
You will never win !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Can't believe even the 2nd round of a bad thread has such legs. Zero information, nothing about T's, just more whining about a thread that has apparently been deleted. Good Grief! Such Drama. Time to delete this, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Scott is right, time to delete this too. T word is usually fun and it's not the case with this thread... I'm going to Stowe tomorrow and for the all weekend for the nice car show. A lot T guys will be there.
Take cares fellow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Threads like this do absolutely nothing to advance the hobby, and probably hurts it by furthering this constant back and forth bickering which results in what, more people wanting to post here? Its always the same people wanting to poke you in the eye, who have never in the past posted anything constructive to help anyone here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

Well John at least we have you on here to critique threads and to keep track of the ones who "have never in the past posted anything constructive to help anyone here".

I started this thread to see if anyone knew if the car had been sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

No, you started this thread with nearly the same title as a recently deleted thread, just to keep the pot stirred. No one knew who the poster was and he darn sure didn't gleefully advertise that it had sold. And even if he did, what business is it of any one else's? So, why start up a second thread to continue one that was pulled?

this thread needs to be deleted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

"Can't believe even the 2nd round of a bad thread has such legs"

...you're obviously interested in this topic.

Of course I used nearly the same title- why wouldn't I? Seems like the best way to find out if it sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Scott : i reallydidnt want to get involved with these members again, but youre right about Tim Rogers. Hes one of the starters . After trashing the guys car like if he was a judge or so , and with the help of his other coleagues , he started attacking other members and all that didnt agree with him. He not only ruined the original thread but went to the one talking about people leaving the mtfca and started attacking Royce. Is he interest in the car? NO ! He just want to start bashing.
But let it go . Some people are like that. Let him be FJ best friend. And by the way: Scott watchout for FJ , hes goi ng to check your profile to see if your old enough !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

I think is safe to say that enough people dont agree with the lifesstyle and class (rudeness) of some here and have no intention of continuo here . So lets allowed them to stay in their little world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Im following others and leaving the forum. Hope some others with a decent mind do the same. And hope the administrators go over all the messages . Enough fine people in Ohio that i can talk to in person. Take care .
Now watch out for their comments after i leave !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Mike,

I respect your decision but have looked at your profile and it is still active. If that is your decision you should delete your profile as your final statement and cut all ties, otherwise you are still active and your statement is not accurate.

Happy trails to you but don't leave unfinished business, delete your profile and be done!

Regards,

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Viewing this website should be open to anyone. Posting on this website-whether it be a classified ad or on the forum-should only be for those who are PAID members of the MTFCA.

Also, there should not be comments allowed on the classified ads-it is unfair to the sellers.

My guess is a lot of the problems are caused by the non-paying cheapskates that don't support the MTFCA. Other clubs operate their websites this way and it keeps them drama free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

I never attacked Royce on a different thread. You need to actually read the posts before you make false statements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 02:18 am:

It would be unfinished business deleting my profile and let people with no principles talking crap after i left . Dont you think is fair for me to answer your and others comments ? So here im , still , am !
Regarding the comment above , you said : " My opinion about Royce : ... By starting his own site , he can control the content and steer it in the direction he wants " . Is that a complement ?

Anyway , i hope you guys enjoy this
"opinion about others" site . Let me clear up one thing for Mr Moore and others : i will still be here just in case you guys dont stop with the nonsense attacks on me and others so i can fairly give my answer but be sure : no desire and time to engage in a foolish waste of time conversation . Too bad this experience is connected to such a great car .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:50 am:

"I'm following others and leaving the forum"

"Correct Restoration!"

...the two are synonymous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 09:45 am:

" I started this thread to see if anyone knew if the car had been sold . "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Correct...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Well,

Here is the link to the ebay auction:

@ http://www.ebay.com/itm/1915-Model-T-Ford-Runabout-Roadster-Correct-Restoration- /202000029954?rmvSB=true

As of today it has not been re-listed.

If you are a member of Ford Barn - you can PM David or give him a call:

@ https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38803

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Thanks FJ- highest bid up to $9300.00

This quote from his ebay listing is the kind of misinformation that should be corrected...

"early Ford that can actually be used and enjoyed"

If people interested in the hobby don't speak out then potential new comers will be ill informed that unmodified Ts can't be "actually be used and enjoyed."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Thanks for the link FJ. The high bid supports my personal feeling that a very pretty, solid driver like this one is worth around 10k - 12k. Of course there is bound to be someone out there that is willing to pay more, if one is willing to wait...

Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

Tim,

Not really - if memory serves correct he was trying to get $17,500 - the eBay auction ended at $9299.99.

The search engine link had a direct link to his eBay auction where all the direct contact information he had provided was directly linked.

So - $9300 is an accurate reflection of the highest price offered for that particular Model T.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Tim,

I re-read your post.

I had misunderstood you - I thought you were referencing price.

I have hauled over 165 Model T's over the years & I have learned there is a Model T for everyone.

Seeing as Dave is an agent - broker - salesman for this Model T it is understandable how there is hype surrounding the representation & description.

It is up to a prospective buyer to evaluate any vehicle they are considering purchasing - that involves educating themselves over as to actual condition.

Freighter Jim

L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

So many variables in establishing value! A 16 which "seems Correct" has a couple days left on ebay at the moment and is a little over 10,000.00. Looks to be an older or un-restored car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dave fowles on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

It is so sad that the Model T community is so full of nit pickers, and people who in their heads believe they know everything that is "correct".
Model T value has suffered due to guys using old junk parts to build these cars to be "correct".
I have seen that 15 in Las Vegas and it is a great running car that can keep up with the 45mph speed limit here in town. I liked Model T's until the so called purists ruined my experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Your problem isn't with the purists, it's with the elitists. There is a difference, but I understand what you're saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

I have a friend who is 33 years old and very enthusiastic. Building his own speedster. But he quit this forum and deleted his profile because of all the egos and bickering.
Very much a shame. Any pre-war car club needs young guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Scott,

Only a small percentage of folks register who read this forum.

Fewer still actually ever post.

Fewer still are dues paying MTFCA member.

FreighTer Jim
MTFCA - MTFCI - HCCA member

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

I hope your friend keeps reading even if not registered. The small amount of bickering compared to the amount of good, well the good out weight's the bad. This forum is a microcosm of real life, there are egos and some bickering but also a lot of help when needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 08:33 am:

I can't imagine why anyone who regularly frequents this forum would "quit this forum and delete his profile because of all the egos and bickering".

As Mark said above there's only a "small amount of bickering compared to the amount of good".

I believe that the people who piss and moan and then "quit" the forum are the folks who can't and won't consider an alternate point of view. They just can't accept that what they have believed to be true is really not- it's human nature. It can be difficult to digest that you have been misled or made a mistake.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration