Wanted - Pre-1962 Back Issues of AACA Antique Automobile Magazine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - Pre-1962 Back Issues of AACA Antique Automobile Magazine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Hello, I am trying to build a complete collection of the AACA publication, "Antique Automobile". I have all of the issues from 1962-2010, but am missing nearly all of the issues from 1937-1961, and a few issues from 2011-present.

If you have any back issues in these ranges and are interested in parting with them, please PM me with what you have and what you would want for them, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Have you checked with the HCFI (Horseless Carriage Foundation Inc), an off-shoot of the HCCA, dedicated to researching antique automobiles. As a fundraiser to help cover the costs of the library and scanning equipment etc, they take many donations of materials etc, and sell them. Usually for a very reasonable price. What they have varies a lot, and they likely won't have much of the really early stuff. Several years ago, I bought everything they had to fill in my "Gazette"s back to 1950, plus a few from the late '40s. I know they have had a lot of "Antique Automobile" magazines also. I had wanted to fill in those and "Bulb Horn" as well, and was planning to get whatever I could from them. Then I went completely broke and couldn't afford to.
All three of those magazines are fascinating to read, especially the earlier ones. They are smaller, have some really good articles about the history of the automobile, but tend to be more about the club tours and meetings. Really not that different from today.
Good luck with your collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Yes, I spoke to Mac at the HCFI, he thinks they might have some, but they are packed away with no near term prospects of digging them out due to lack of personnel and other priorities. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:12 am:

I went to the AACA online store and bought their memory stick containing high resolution .pdf files of every issue from 1937 through 2016.

So, I now have all of the material in digital format to read, but I would still like to complete my collection of the paper copies, thanks. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

If you like Original Paper Files let me know When you are interested in purchasing the Hard Cover (No Advertising) Automobile Quarterly Issues. $1500.00 + Postage I have a run from Issue 1 for the Next 40 Years I had to pay a $100 for some Issues when trying to fill in some blanks I had -Don

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration