WTB - Stromberg or Wheeler-Schebler column mounted choke lever

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB - Stromberg or Wheeler-Schebler column mounted choke lever
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

I am hoping to buy the steering column mounted choke lever and the exhaust "hot spot" valve as shown below:

Full credit to Michael Pewelek http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/9381.html for the enclosed photos and schematic...thank you Michael!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

This ebay seller was remaking them, I don't know if he has any more left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Accessory-CARB-CHOKE-Control-Stromberg-Vint age-Antique-Auto-OF-RF-/291811702887?hash=item43f1553867:g:nQEAAOSwgY9XfFe4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Ed

OUTSTANDING!

I have contacted them and will report yea/nay as to availability

thank you so much

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

Hi Scott,

I purchased one of those choke controls from Tim and it IS nice. Good luck with your project, Bill

On a related note; I have wondered if the Hot Spot unit is really necessary these days with our fuel being better than that of the era? I have always hoped that Stan Howe would comment about this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Hi Bill

thanks for the sentiment

I have wondered, too. I was able to purchase a very nice OF complete with the hot spot (which I've never seen before) off of the classifieds. I thought it was a really nifty package and when I got it, it was every bit as nice as the picture...maybe nicer. Am looking forward to putting the whole deal together in the near future.

I have no idea how unusual it is to have the hot spot with the carb, quite frankly. I've been into "T"s for about 10 years and mostly have seen the usual NH's and Kingstons. Not so much the Strombergs so this is a whole new world for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 07:20 am:

Scott, there is an alternative Stromberg item which may enable you to widen your search.

I posted this photo and Stan Howe confirmed that it is a genuine Stromberg alternative. It's not as elaborate as the other, but is simpler.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 09:35 am:

Hey, Allan, thanks!
I don't remember this posting, so I'm happy that you reposted for me (and others) to see.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration