FS: Large Running Board Tool Box (36")

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS: Large Running Board Tool Box (36")
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 08:47 am:

Beautiful, running board tool box. Box is unusually long - 36". All latches in place and working, opens and closes smoothly, no significant dents, no rust. Decent gloss-black paint job on the outside, sprayed with a bed-liner coating on the inside, removable rubber cushion on inside bottom. Ready for immediate use on a driver-quality T (would probably want to repaint professionally for a show car).

These long boxes are fairly rare - especially in this condition. Have only seen one other before and it was pretty beat up. This one does not appear to have ever been used.

THIS IS A LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY. Sorry, but I cannot ship. $245. Reply via PM.

NOTE: there is only ONE tool box. The multiple pictures are different views of the SAME piece (apparently I have to make this clear - I sold an item on here a few months ago and the buyer PM'd me after receiving his purchase - he thought there were multiple items because there were multiple pictures)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

Many thanks to Erik Johnson who pointed out that a similar box was posted on the Forum 5 years ago and this type of box is actually meant to fit inside a car, not on the running board - here is the original posting from 2012.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/293558.html?1347985561

Thanks Erik!

(Message edited by Conversiont on August 14, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Price drop to $225. Pick up only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Several PM inquiries about shipping. Please note, this is local pickup only (am located in north Central Massachusetts). Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

Final price drop to $200. Local pick up only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Last call for a local pick up sale (lot of interest from other parts of the country, but sorry, I'm not shipping it). If it doesn't move this week, I'll strip the paint job, let it season outside for awhile and use it on one of my patina projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Had a party interested in a pick up (actually a drop off as they passed through Massachusetts enroute to Maine), but they haven't gotten back with a definitive "I'll take it." Paint job will be stripped off this coming weekend and the seasoning will commence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Seems a shame to make a rusty,crusty one out of such a nice piece. I know everyone has to make their own decisions about shipping what they sell,but I've been boxing and shipping for forty five years and even at 70 with two new knees,right shoulder and elbow worked over,this thing would be a piece of cake to ship. Just takes a TV box long enough and wide enough,cut the top and bottom off,tape them together,wrap the tool box with some bubble wrap,slide it in,tape it up,take to FedEx. Or take it there unwrapped and they will box it for you. Often it's the difference in selling an item or not. Nobody wants to drive to Wyoming to pick anything up,but I've been Ohio and other places picking items up and sure wished they would ship.For what it's worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Hey Steve

offer me the right thing and I'll pick it up in Wyoming!

And it'll stay in Wyoming, too!

regards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Steve - have sold and shipped quite a few things over the years. Not going to the trouble on this.

What is a "shame" is that it's sat in my garage for 10 years unused with me constantly tripping over it. Unfortunately, it doesn't match any of my vehicles (in the same way a "rusty, crusty" part wouldn't match a lot of Ts owned by people on this site). So, either someone here buys it, picks it up and uses it as is, or I break out the Strip-eze, muriatic acid and refinish to match what I have (just a reverse process of what most people do with a rusty part). Thanks.

(Message edited by Conversiont on August 29, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Scott-I picked up most sheetmetal for a 1922(?) T suicide door coupe body,then most of a chassis,why don't you come and pick it up?

Ron,Hope I didn't sound judgmental,I didn't mean to. I guess I'm luckier than most,I have a large old bldg and have room to collect and store boxes,if I don't have the perfect one,there will be one that takes only minor whittling to fit. I may sell that bldg next spring and if so,it will take two crews three weeks just to move the boxes. Incidently,I did pick up a V-16 Cad engine in Charlton Mass one time,then something else next door in Conn. This will be my last transmission on your thread,thanks,and hope that beautiful box finds a new owner in time. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

I sent you a pm this am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Spoken for, pending final payment. Going to NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 09:58 am:

Saved from the rust gremlin :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration