Car For Sale - 1926 Faultless Ford Model T boat tail Speedster - Roof OHV

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Car For Sale - 1926 Faultless Ford Model T boat tail Speedster - Roof OHV
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Extremely rare 1926 Ford Model T speedster with Faultless Raceabout body and Roof Model 8 overhead valve conversion. This car started it current life in the early 80’s when my dad and grandfather found the rolling chassis and body at the AACA Swap Meet in Hershey Pennsylvania. Knowing that no true period Faultless speedster would be complete without an OHV conversion, they set out on a 16 hour trip to northern Canada to acquire the Roof model 8 OHV kit. The car then underwent a complete frame off restoration/ speed build, before being driven for a few years and finally garaged sometime in the 90’s.

I picked up the project last year and I’ve completely gone through the car. I did all of the maintenance (oil change, grease points, ignition system and carb cleaning, ect..) and replaced any part that was worn out from sitting. The car fires right up and runs like a top. It has a few minor dents and paint chips from sitting in a well-used garage but there is no rust ANYWHERE on the car. It drives very well and is scary fast. Mechanically, the car is in excellent condition although it does need a little more love (read money) than a broke college kid could afford. The tires are ok but a little dry rotted and the radiator needs repair or replacement as it has a very small leak and doesn’t cool as well as I think it should. Both are very easy fixes. Below is a list of period parts that are on the car as well as the parts I replaced.

Period/Original Parts
• 1926 lowered model T chassis with fully “built” race engine
• Real Faultless Raceabout boat tail body with original Faultless Body Co steps – extremely rare.
• Roof model 8 OHV conversion with the proper exhaust manifold - extremely rare.
• Zenith S4BF updraft race carb.
• Atwater Kent type LA distributor conversion with centrifugal and manual advance
• Berg’s Water pump
• 1926 model T wire wheels
• Headlights with green Macbeth “gentlemen’s” lenses.
• Seats from a model T doctors coupe
• Wilmot-Breeden calorimeter temp gauge

New/Remanufactured parts
• Freeze Plugs
• 6v battery
• Radiator hoses
• Fuel pump/regulator

I really hate to see this old girl go. Unfortunately, college is expensive and I need tuition money. I am asking $35,000 OBO for this piece of history with a clean green Michigan title. I hope that someone will enjoy it as much as my family has over the years. If you have any questions or would like to come see the car, please call or text Grant at 734-233-1122. Located in Canton MI, 48187.

Pictures are too large to upload so I am attaching a link to my photobucket album that contains pictures of the car.

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/younggmy97/library/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

My grandfather also had a Faultless (it's still in the family), I tried looking at you pictures but started getting flooded with ads and couldn't blow any up. You may want to resize them then upload them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Your photobucket is a toxic mess, please post photos.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

I got through the ads- beautiful car you have there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent stefanacci on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 03:26 am:

photobucket can kiss my GRITZ !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:23 am:

I am sorry about the photobucket guys. Its been a few years since I last used them and it appears they went to the dogs. Ill try to resize the photos and post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:38 am:

This is the easiest program I've used for resizing (credit Donnie Brown for recommending it):

http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

Download that, then right click whatever photo you want to resize (or highlight the whole selection to do them all at once), select "Resize pictures" from the menu, select "small", and resize. Done. Very easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Whoops, you beat me to it while typing!

Neat speedster!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:49 am:

There we go! Photos for all with no adds.

I also want to mention that yesterday I received a PM from a member who speculated that the body might have been made by Tom Butterworth. My family always believed it to be an original faultless body as that was how it was sold to my father and grandfather and because of the perceived age of the body when it was bought in 1981. MY father says that when he bought it, the guy they bought it from claimed to have owned it well into the early 70s, and the faded paint that was on the car looked to be at-least another 30 years old. None the less, I take the email seriously as I am not trying to knowingly pass off a reproduction body as an original. I sent a message to Tom in hopes that he might have some information, and if anyone else has any thoughts, I would be happy to hear them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Send Larry Azevedo some pictures and ask him to compare them to their Faultless body. That will give you some info either way. The Azevedo car is a known original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 11:19 am:

It looks original to me not my work. Nice car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

I remember hearing the story of how there was another Faultless (when I was a kid) but the tail had been damaged and repaired. Here is "the Azevedo car"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Larry and my grandson in northern New Mexico

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Grant- Is this the same car? This was at Hershey a couple of years ago for sale by Hyman Ltd. People drooled all over it for days! If it is, you and your family did a great job restoring it. Congratulations for bringing an important Model T back to life and good luck with the sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

Thank you Tom for clearing that up. I have to say that the bodies you make are fantastic, both in quality and appearance, so I am not surprised that someone thought you might have made it.

Also, thank you Chad and Kirk for sharing photos of the "Azevado car." That is truly a beautiful Faultless and I am very happy to see that it is still being enjoyed almost 100years after its creation. I remember being a little kid, sitting in my dads faultless, waiting patiently for the day that I would be able to fire her up and take her for a joy ride. I know those memories will last me for a lifetime, and I am glad that I was finally able to return her to the road.

Ron, our car was purchased back in 1981 at Hershey and has been in the family for over 35 years. Now that I've worked on it, its become a 3 generation project. I do remember seeing the online listing for that car awhile back and It is truly an amazing car. Not only is it in beautiful condition for being an un-restored car, it also has a lot of the original options (fenders, windshield, and top) still with the car. I remember they were asking $50k for that car. I hope whoever bought it will eventually share their plans for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

That's a good looking speedster. Original bodies are few and far between. I hope it goes to a good home.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Bump. Car is still available! Who needs a beautiful faultless speedster for their collection?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration