Magneto drive for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Magneto drive for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:38 am:

This is a complete Eizemann magneto drive. It is in amazing shape. The gears look good, and the magneto gear is brass. The magneto drive has all the linkage and all the nuts, bolts, and washers. The timing cover doesn't have any fan belt marks on it. It is made to be very solid.

It comes with an adapter so that this can be used on a generator block or a non generator block.

It comes with two Bosch Du4 magnetos. One is rebuild and throws a very hot spark. The other is a good parts magneto. I can put the points cover from the restored carb on it, and it is hot.

The switch doesn't have a name on it but I think it's Bosch, it has German written on it. The switch has a magneto switch and a horn button mounted next to it. They are both brass and very well made.

$850 plus shipping.

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

The spark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

If you would prefer it, I have a nice Eisemann G4 magneto or a Bosch zu4 magneto that can go with this in place of the parts Du4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Ogden on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:27 am:

the Eismann set up is a lot nicer than the equivalent Bosch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 08:31 am:

Ok I have to ask: what does a magneto drive do? I'm guessing it bolts up and replaces the generator or starter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Robert, this magneto replaces pretty well the whole ignition system on a T. It's hard to see in the pictures but the magneto itself (the thing with the black magnets wrapped around the top) would have all four spark plug wires coming off the back of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:46 am:

$800 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Ruth on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

Dan see my message
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

Hi john, you just missed it. I've been on the phone all morning with the fellow who bought it.

Sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

Robert R, This type drive mounts where the generator was added in 1919, so generally cannot be used on a car along with a generator. The starter doesn't make much difference, just you would need to make other plans for charging the battery.
These were very popular on cars before 1919, and used well beyond that for vehicles without starters or generators. They are still popular with the speedster crowd.
After 1918, other designs were offered that held the magneto elsewhere so that the generator could be kept in place. Cross drives put the mag on the left side of the engine, as did some chain drives. However, these front gear drives are among the most desirable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Back for sale!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

$775 plus shipping. I have a use for the rebuilt du4 so I'd also sell this without it for $600 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

$750 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Sold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration