Early Heinz electric starter for trade 1909-1919

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Early Heinz electric starter for trade 1909-1919
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

I've decided to trade this starter to someone who needs it. This is an accessory starter that was made between 1913 and 1914, the first years of production. This version uses a pull lever to start it so you don't need to track down an electric switch. This will fit any pre generator car, and would go great on your early brass car that you don't want to add a later starter too. It will probably need some restoration work, but the starter and generator spin over freely. This came from the collection of a guy who only kept very nice stuff.

I am looking to trade this for a model T OHV set up, or possibly a himco transmission, or buffalo wire wheels.

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

I'm still not seeing that this fits a veteran block, the oil fill is cut off for some reason and looks like it has the generator cover? maybe a photo of what's going on, on the other side?
19/27 on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

I agree, it is not for an early Non generator block, it is for the later blocks as seen in the covers posted by Frank. The oil filler spout appears to be missing half the spout, maybe broken off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Ok I'll take a picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

It is for a 13-14 the starter was made a certain way in the first two years of production and this is made that way. 13-14 starters had a pull lever start, 15-19 had an electric switch on the dash. This has the pull lever start. These starters were not made during the generator block years because when ford added a starter production stopped. The oil filler is not broken. For some reason they made it as a separate piece that bolts on. It would be a simple piece to make

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

I should correct my statement to say that I know the starter and generator are from 13-14, it is possible that the plate is later because it unbolts as a separate piece

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Here are photos of the back. You can see the gasket surface is the same shape as the non generator block timing cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 07:41 am:

Photo's answered the question, fits both.
Thanks Daniel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

I've had requests to put a price on this. I also procured a switch to accompany the starter. The switch is for a 15-19 dash. It is a very cool switch with a push button start and variable headlight settings. I would sell it with the starter if the buyer needs it, but I wouldn't sell it separately.

The price is $2000 for the starter generator and switch or $1500 without the switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:16 am:

$1800 or $1300 without the switch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

1700 or 1200

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

$1600 or $1100

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

$1500 or $1000

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

$1400 for both

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Sold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration