Head Lamp found

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Head Lamp found
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

I found this headlamp in an antique store, a few miles from my house. It seems in very good condition, minus the lens, and I have no need for it.
The vender is asking $30 and if interested, I can go back and purchase for you and ship for cost to the lower 48 states.
I have no connection to this party.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

George I just you a pm
Fitz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Sorry, the headlamp was sold before I want back to purchase it.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:10 am:

The moral of the story and is the same in all hobbies / interests. "If you see something that you think you might like or is worth buying "on spec", then do it - before someone else beats you to it" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:38 am:

It's probably been turned into a lamp by now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Amen Ivan. I found a very rough '11 Ford headlamp in an antique store on the way to the 2014 Texas T Party, bought it and sold it for the same price at the next Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

What year is that style? I have one on my truck like the one above with the socket at the center of the housing and the other is slightly lower on the dome if my description makes sense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Ford only used the fork mount style for 1915, but there are other [cars] that used very similar but not sure what makes they were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 05:56 am:

That style of brass rim comes from 26-7 Ts. The wide lens clips are made that way to keep the fluted lens correctly oriented. 1915 lamps had plain lenses and the clips did not need to do anything more than hold the lens. The clips are much smaller.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

Allan, you may well be correct. I had not looked at the rims in any detail, just the fork mount shells aka 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

14,15,16 and into early 17 used the forked headlights. Some early 15s used the 14 style brass headlights. Later 17s used the pedicle style. Also Studebaker used a near identical forked head light but the rim was not brass. The 15 and some early 16 T had brass rims. Late 16 and 17 were black steel. Headlights were an accessory in the day and therefore there were many configurations available, some had no headlights as they were only driven in the day time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration