No affiliation Tin Lizzy 500.00

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: No affiliation Tin Lizzy 500.00
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

This looks like the perfect project for one of us. No affiliation with seller and I can't get over to see it but the photos are cool.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/mini-model-tin-lizzy/6272329358.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

Jim,
I'm 10 min away, but I don't know what the heck this thing is. A clown car? Shriners car? Golf cart?

Can't imagine there are any real T parts on this, especially since the wheels are bad.

If there is nothing on TV, might go take a look at this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

Shrine Parade Car I drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

It's a Shriner parade car, 1/4 scale built in the 60's or 70's. I drive one in lots of parades, it's the fun of being a Shriner. I have one I bought a few years ago for $200, restored it, I'm in it $800. It's for my grandson to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Whoever made them must have rivaled Ford in production, even in my weird remote area these things come up for sale a couple times a year. Unfortunately up here the long winters keep people inside watching too much American Pickers and Pawn Stars so they're always listed for more than I paid for my real T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

These were made by Snapper Mower in McDonough GA. There were other manufactures later, I think Snapper, or McDonough Power Equipment was the first. They are a fancy GO Kart with B&S engines. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Cool. There are always a couple sitting out at the model A show tucker ga every year. Not sure if they are for sale or someone brings them for people to look at...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

My boys love theirs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Merrick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:27 am:

Yep, it's an early one. I have the same model, the one my dad got for me second hand in 1962 when I was in third grade. I've known the original owner all my life. Mine has had a million miles (maybe a little fewer...) put on it driving on farm field roads, down dirt roads to meet neighbor kids, and in small town parades. It's "ready to be restored to mint condition." The hardest part I've found so far is the tires. Though my red wooden wheels are in near perfect shape, I can't find tires anywhere to fit it.

It was my first "convertible", I've had convertibles for the last 40 years, and my little tin lizzie was the inspiration for me to make an impulse buy and get my 24 runabout pickup a couple of months ago. Some day I hope to have both of them in good condition to take to the local car shows and parades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Tony what size are the tires ? greg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Mine has 16" bicycle tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Merrick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Right now I'm out of state and can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure those tires are 2.125 x 11. Last ones were from Yazoo Mower Co. Best option I've found so far is either patch my 40 year old tires and tubes and hope for the best, or locate some 16 inch wheels and tires.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration