Free bolts for stater dash board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Free bolts for stater dash board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

I have just completed the restoration of a 1924 Touring and one of the more difficult bolts to find were the those holding the dash board to the window pillars. At the same time I looked for the four bolts that hold the instrument panel to the dash board. Eventually I found them at McMasters but had to buy a large quantity. They look quite nice, stainless steel and polished with the countersunk dome heads. I have a couple of sets left over and five of each are available for postage or free at Hershey or Chickasha (that's months away).
I also have just the smaller instruments screw for postage if that's all you need.

Contact me at tonybowkerATaol.com you know what to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Hurt on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

Email sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Email sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 07:43 am:

Sent E- mail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 08:08 am:

PM Sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Ford used a special nut for those screws, so you wouldn't need a wrench to hold them on. As I recall, there are two different lengths of those nuts. I have several in a box somewhere, and they work just as Ford intended. If I felt like it, I could dig some out and take a picture, but I'm too lazy this morning!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

I had four emails and all the dash to window bolts have gone. I still have a few sets of the smaller instrument panel bolts left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

I used square nuts for the panel to window mounting and a couple of the nuts were tough. In the end I threaded a wire thru the holes, slid on the nut and managed to hold the nut on with my pinky as I pulled the wire out. Then thread in the bolt.
Easy the second time, which I why included five sets in the packages.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration