Need transport from Model t Haven to Northern California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Need transport from Model t Haven to Northern California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

Hi All, I have some body panels in Kansas that I need a ride for. They consist of a 1912 rear seat, two side panels, 4 doors, firewall, and front seat back. It is all disassembled and would fit in the back of a pickup or under a car in a trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Michael, someone mentioned here recently about sending small freight by bus !!! I remember years ago of doing this and it was considerably cheaper, might want to check into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Michael,

Give us town names on each end. I have a trip coming & may be able to help!

God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:52 am:

(Message edited by Bills Auto Works on August 28, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Hi Bill, the town's are Iola Kansas to Nevada City California. I can drive several hours to meet if not coming this far North or South. Nevada City is close to Interstate 80 about an hour and a half from Reno, and about the same from Sacramento. I would be glad to give you a tour of the area, lots of Gold Rush history near by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Hi Michael, Very sorry Iola would be a little over 200 miles round trip out of route for me. It is a shame, I am delivering in Marysville (only about 35 miles from you) Been to the area a dozen times, but don't do any sight seeing. Appreciate the offer though. I drop, reload & go since I am booked 3-6 weeks in advance at all times!
God Bless
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

Hi all, still looking for someone heading out west to transport these panels. They would easily fit in a pickup bed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A chance to earn some extra cash to help pay for your trip!
Thanks, Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Mike frieghter jim
But i had good luck with
Uship.com
Door to door shippe carousel horse to model T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

Bob,

Thank you but I am headed to Louisville, KY from Flagstaff, AZ in a couple weeks.

If folks bump this thread once in awhile he might find someone headed his way.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in S.C. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

I bought several car bodies from him and he arranged shipping for me.They were delivered by roadway and yellow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 10:14 am:

Thank you for the suggestions, I've never used uship.com I'll check them out. Was hoping to find someone in the car hobby that who knows the value of the little pieces that could get lost with a commercial shipper.

Besides any old car guy would not be disappointed making a trip to the ranch. I recently sold a small part that had my shop and barn on it, and have moved all of my old cars and parts to the back section. I need to sell some things since I have no room to store them. Including several early cars disassembled, 1902 Pierce to name one. I would like to trade for early model t stuff to help finish what I'm working on.

I was even thinking of having a swap meet right on the ranch, it could be fun, everybody bring your stuff and make day to remember. As long as you don't mind the cows walking though your space, or coyotes howling at night! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Michael,

I see you are up by Grass Valley.

I will be up that way to pick up a car I bought that is in Gold Run.

I might pay you a visit if that is ok.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

I would certainly like to look at some of the other stuff you have! I am not looking to buy anything, though. I have too many projects already that I won't live long enough to finish. I would love to see that '02 Pierce! I know a fellow that collects Pierce Arrow cars. His "permanent" collection is usually over twenty cars, plus a few he buys and sells just for additional fun. He has one of the earliest Pierce automobiles in the world, with the proper one cylinder motor mounted on the rear axle. From such humble beginnings, one of the mightiest automobile marques grew.

Also, sorry. I have never been to Kansas in my life, nor am I likely to be able to go anytime soon, if ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Hi Wayne, I'd be happy to have you over, most of the stuff is in containers, so it will be a lot like cave exploring.
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

FJ....I missed your call earlier. I've been out of cell service most of the day.
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Mike, I sent you a PM, or email me at david.coco@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Hi All, just received my body from Kansas. Thank you so much Tony Bowker! And a special thanks to mtfca for this website.

It's been a great experience meeting new friends and sharing information. MTFCA is the best!
Michael Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Hi All, Tony Bowker is a champion as is Donnie Brown, Between the two gentlemen my newly purchased 1908 Reliable Dayton was transported from Arkansas to the West Coast for shipping to the largest island in the world, Australia. Thanks again Tony and Donnie and of cause MTFCA for your FORUM. Regards Neil

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration