FOR SALE: 1910 Ford T Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE: 1910 Ford T Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Unrestored survivor in AMAZING condition. Good compression, matching engine & body numbers (20,850) original paint & pinstriping - tight body, beautiful upholstery, rear floor mat, wheels, and lights. Built April 13, 1910. A truly amazing car. $40,000
penngrove@sonic.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

That is an amazing survivor! Even more amazing is if you remove the red barn it looks just like an Australian location with that eucalypt vegetation in the background.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

That's a beauty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

I was at the MTFCA Museum on the 29th when the fax came in on this car ......

Looks promising - is this in Augusta, Georgia ?

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 02:39 am:

I think it's in Petaluma, CA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 03:54 am:

Kim,

Is this the 1910 that was on the HCCA Classifieds for a long time ?

I don't see it there anymore .....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 06:58 am:

Yes, that's the same '10 Jim; it's owned by John King of California. Nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Here is the original thread about it from 2010
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/194326.html?1299036809

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Ed,

Has that car been " for sale " all of these years ?

That has to be some type of a record if so .....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 08:34 am:

I do not know the history, but it sure is a nice one. I would love to have it, but I'm about 40k short at the moment. I would get it running nice and drive it as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:15 am:

That's one to just clean up and leave it as it is.
They don't show up like this often, if at all.

Who ever gets it please leave as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Yes, that car has been for sale the entire time; I called on it back in 2010, and I think he was asking 50K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Ok, so maybe not 2010 but I know it was a LONG time ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I know of a guy who personally went and looked at the car earlier this year, and he said it was the most complete, original 1910 he has ever seen. He said the leather interior, seats and all, were like new - not a cut or tear to be seen. He also felt the seller was off by about 10K in his asking price but to each his own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:17 am:

I also know he bought it from an old farmer in my home state of Michigan - too bad I didn't find it first! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Yeh I think $40K is a bit steep, but what do I know..ha ha. I could see myself picking it up for $30K, if it weren't for the fact that I just bought a new pick-em-up truck a month ago. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

What a great looking T. Are there any more pictures of it?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

I have personally looked at this car and can vouch for it. The engine number and body number match. The engine turns over with good compression in all four cylinders. The body is solid with a substantial amount of the original paint. Most all parts are there and are correct including the Jacobson Brandow Coil Box, two piece timer. The car has a newer rear end, but he also has the correct six rivet housing. The leather seats are in remarkably excellent original condition. The top is there although the material has deteriorated. He also has a Kingston Five ball for it. New smooth whites also. Quite a sound car and probably not many chances to acquire one similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

The previous post was last updated on March 1st 2011. That is a while back in my book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

I think John replaced a few parts on the car. Pretty sure I sold him the coil box and maybe a front cover, nice car. I'd guess it's been for sale 3-4 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

Then WHAT is wrong with the car that noone wants to buy it????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Frank...here's just a guess...too much money. Locally, someone has one of those neat Divco milk trucks for sale, says 90% correct/complete, started out asking $8850 firm, after two reductions, it's now down to $5750 O.B.O. Same reason I suspect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Deere on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

The asking price is not too bad. It may be blasphemy to some, but I believe that car should be restored to its former Brewster Green glory and not left looking like something from a horror flick. It would be a good restoration project (or a donation to the MTFCA museum alongside Barrett's #394).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

Well,

(6) years is a long time to sit on a significant car - correct me if I am wrong but this T was on the HCCA Classifieds for several months - cars usually move quickly over there ....

Evidently this is a " known & discussed " car amongst those who would be prospective buyers.

Perhaps the Seller thought it would find new life by faxing the MTFCA for assistance in selling it this time around.

After awhile - you either keep a car & restore it or you pass it along to someone who will do the necessary work.

What is unfortunate - in my opinion - is that this T is not on the road again ....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 01:43 am:

Something from a horror flick? Yes, someone should buy this car for 40k, spend about 30k restoring it while ruining a nice original piece of history and then have a restored 35k car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Deere on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:11 am:

It really should be rodded out...maybe a rat rod considering its current condition.

Drop a chromed out Chevy engine into it and hit the road like Tim Moore. Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:34 am:

I think this is the one time that I would welcome those new tires turning brown. They would match the patina perfectly :-) I agree, no restoration, leave as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Kim nailed it; and that explains why this car hasn't sold for the asking price. If you buy the car, you either drop money into the mechanical s to make it safe to drive and display it as a survivor (which I agree with) or you drop a LOT of money into a full restoration and have a car that isn't worth what you put into it. Either way, no one is going to pay that kind of money for a car that still needs work and money. It really is a pity, because this car, in Freighter Jim's words, should be back on the road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:47 am:

This is my preferred type of antique car. I like it when cars are left alone and are original. But at 40K, it is just too much money. From conversations I've heard over the years, I have concerns about how much of it is as original as it appears to be. Coil box and carb are one thing. But it appears the clam-shell differential that goes with the car is a replacement. What else has been replaced? Why are the seats in Excellent original condition, yet the top is in tatters? Did a past owner find some nice original seats and install them? All that matters. Kim, maybe you can elaborate on some of the known information if you have more details.

Regardless of my suspicions, it's still a very nice car from what I've seen in the few pictures that are available. And if the car were on the East coast where I could personally look at it, and if the price was 30K OBO, (emphasis on OBO) I'd be working hard with the owner to buy it, get it running, and preserve it. But at 40K, I don't think it's seriously on anyone's radar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:42 am:

K. Dobbins has it right. If someone bought the car and "restored " it what you would have is just another restored 1910 Model T. There's a lot of those out there but not like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 10:42 am:

John,

Is KD ever wrong ?

Just don't ask his wife that question .... :-)

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

You got that right Jim! She could write a book!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

James, I never saw the car. I saw pictures when John bought it but that was a few years ago. I don't remember about the rear axle, but that was one of the first thing to get changed back in the early days. Original tops are the first thing to go on an original early car. The upholstery on my original 10 is great and the top looks good but it's real thin in spots and defiantly would not survive much driving. As far as why John's car has not sold, I think initially it was quite over priced, but at 40k, I think it's rear close to a fair price. I'm not looking to sell my car, but I would not sell mine for 40k. Just my .02

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration