1915 Model T Touring project For sale - NY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1915 Model T Touring project For sale - NY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:31 am:

It's a little rough around the edges, but this is really a great car for someone looking for a 1915 Touring car. I bought this car about 10 years ago with the help of this forum. You all helped me authenticate all of the parts on the car to make sure it was a real 1915 and not an assemblage of parts. I've spent the last 10 years picking up missing pieces but have never gotten to work on the car.

This car is quite complete, I am pretty sure it is just missing the bulb and tube for the horn and the wood to rebuild the coil box.

The engine was supposedly rebuilt before I bought it, but I have never run it. It has cast iron pieces. The transmission looked like it should be cleaned and gone through. I'm not sure what they did to it.

This car spent about 70 years in a garage until the previous owner got it. He left it outside for a couple of years which caused the seat back upholstery to be destroyed, but the bottoms are still nice. It has some rust/rot along the sill and a little deterioration in the sill wood.

I'm not sure what else to say about the car except it is currently surrounded by parts to other projects and is difficult to get to. A buyer for this car would need to locate a new set of wheels as I would like to keep the firestone 5-lug demountables that are on it. It comes with an accessory front fender brace set up (the x- style unit).

I have a correct set of brass lamps for it, a correct 1915 horn, a pair of running boards, the headlight brackets and headlights.

I am asking $8,500 or best offer.

This car needs a good home and my Dad needs the room in his garage. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I can get more photos for serious interest, but it will take hours to clean enough items away to get decent photos of it; so please do not ask for photos out of idle curiosity.

If you're looking for an originalish car to do some light work to and enjoy, this may be it. If you're looking for the opportunity to restore a great car that noone has really had the chance to bugger up before you, this is that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Also, it has engine number 7162xx. If I recall correctly, it has a march 1915 casting date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Where is it??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Hi

It's in Suffern, New York.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Any thoughts on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

Hi Did you have engine and transmission pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Can you post a picture of your Firestone wheels, I would like to know what they look like. Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Tim, Thank you for the Bump!

Mario, I tried to add some photos, but mine are too large to attach. I have the car listed on ebay (for more than it is advertised here) but I have a few extra photos. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122728917861?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m15 55.l2649

I hadn't taken these photos with the intent to sell the car, but rather just for my own records. If you are interested, I can try to get some more photos.

James, What sort of photos would you like to see of them? I can see what I have. There are a few on the ebay listing, but I may have a few others on my computer. I know I don't have great photos, but I'll try to help.

Thanks,
Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Considering including the wheels. I would like to see this find a new home soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration