For Sale 1950 Ford 2 dr , 53,000 miles.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale 1950 Ford 2 dr , 53,000 miles.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

For sale All original 53,000 actual mile 2door sedan. All ford script glass in great shape. Paint is very old with some wear. 6 cyl. 3 speed-overdrive, runs great, original radio works. Interior is all original with wear on the front seat. Fulton visor and fender skirts and wide white tires. $7,900 firm. Call 507 458 6778, Bob. No texting. Located in S. Mn. ppppppppp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 01:41 am:

Nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

If you have not done so, I would suggest listing it over on Fordbarn.com in the early V8 section.
2X the nice car! :-) Love them 6's. (my 48 f2 is a 6)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

We didn't get the sixes in NZ only the V8's.
We didn't call them "Shoebox" either.
This model is a "Single spinner" and the later model is a "Twin Spinner". Identified by the single or twin Chrome domes on the grill matching the engine pulleys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

bttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Kevin,

I believe the "Single Spinner" Fords are 1949 and 1950 models. The "Twin Spinner" is a 1951 model. We had a '51 when I was a kid. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Damn that's nice! When I was a wee lad, my parents had a dark blue '51 Ford. In my misty memory, it looks just like that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Steve,

Our '51 was white. The 1949, '50 and '51 were the same, as far as I know, except the twin spinner on the '51.

An early memory - please forgive the drift:

The '51 was our family car from 1951 until 1957 when my parents traded it in on a new 1957 Ford Country Sedan (station wagon). On our first outing in the new car my mother informed my dad in no uncertain terms that straight up on the old car speedometer was 50 MPH and straight up on the new car speedometer is 60 MPH. SLOW DOWN!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

D**N! I got out of the Army in 1956. I came down thru Mansfield, Missouri where I was a kid from 1945 till 1953.
When I came to Mansfield in 1956 I spent a week there looking up old friends. Ended up buying a car, 1949 two Door, with overdrive, and a worn out green. Broke a bendix spring and had to do a repair. I started for California, and in New Mex had distributer problem, repaired that and came on to Redding, Ca, where I have been 61 years on 13the of Sept. I have two Model T's and enough part for something more. Boy when I saw that Ford it brought back old memories. I traded it for a 51 Merc, and another Ford. I wish I knew then what I know now, and I think I would have put them in storage. Oh well they say you have 20/20 vision- except not at the right time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 07:22 am:

Need money, $7,600

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

bttt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration