WTB: early hand brake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: early hand brake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

I'm in need of the correct, early hand brake lever and assembly for my 1910 T; apparently there are later style T parts that need replacing! Since I have the car down to the frame, I may as well do the right thing and replace what's wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

Bill, in looking over all the parts books from 1909 through 1927, the part number remains the same for the Hand Brake Lever Assembly, part number 3455. I do know that the early ones for 1909 were brass plated, and perhaps even into 1910. Do you know of another difference? If so, please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

I think he is referring to what was posted in his other thread on this lever . .

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/786392.html?1504474874

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 09:32 am:

There is a difference in the early 09 brake lever when looking at the Shannonbrock car and talking with Gail Rodda it is where the brake rod attaches on the driver's side it is parallel to he brake lever and doesn't kick out like the later ones do in addition to it being brass plated. Don Pendocks original 09 chassis had one too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration