RUCKSTEEL AXLE FOR SALE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: RUCKSTEEL AXLE FOR SALE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Small drum Rucksteel axle for sale. Has shift mechanism. No drive shaft no radius rods. Supposed to have been restored,honestly I have no idea it is in primer and seems to have been apart at some point. I recently purchased an estate of Model T speed equipment and this axle was in the pile. Surplus to my needs so its for sale.

$950.00 plus freight.

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 10:05 am:

For early spool or late?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Hi Larry, its a small drum but how would I tell early or late?

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 11:44 am:

If it is for the later spool it will be flat at the mating surface. If it is for the earlier spool it will be machined around the outside if the mating surface for the lip that is on the earlier spool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

The Ruxsteel has the stepped mounting flange. I was not aware there was a difference until you pointed it out. I looked inside the gear set and the thrust washers have been replace with bronze ones. This unit was supposed to have been rebuilt and it appears to have been taken apart cleaned and some parts replaced. I did find a drive shaft and torque tube that will go with it. If you have any additional questions let me know.

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

new lower price, $750.00 I have found the drive shaft and torque tube to be included.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Brass car guy, did you hook up with Tim Moore? He was trying to contact you for some advice on shipping his cross-country T back to Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:43 am:

He stopped at my house and we spent his last day in the US with myself and my nephew. We got him connected with Freighter Jim and loaded the model t for a quick trip to Kim Dobbins in LA to prepare for shipping home. I treated him to some real fish and chips at the world famous "Spuds" in Seattle.

We spent a special day with a very special guy, it was a blast.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 01:23 am:

On Alki in West Seattle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:39 am:

brasscarguy, dropped you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:50 am:

brasscarguy, dropped you a PM

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration