WTB '15 Front Axle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB '15 Front Axle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:48 am:

I'm rebuilding my front end and I'm looking for a STRAIGHT front axle in good shape. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

I assume you are looking for a DB axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 07:31 am:

I had a '15 and it didn't have "DB" on it...unless I'm mistaken, I think most of the DB stuff started to disappear during the '14 model year. Might have TW or SF on it though. I believe Ford markings started to show up around 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Like Tim said probably no DB by 1915. In addition to TW and SF there were axles (Herbrand or Hebrand) with an H inside a diamond. Not sure which years but in 1919 the started having Ford on them. Here is the TW on a 1911-14 spindle arm. T over W close to speedometer mount hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:46 am:

I believe I need a TW but I won't be completely certain until I take another look at it and I just left to go out of town. It is an early (February) 1915 so there might be a very slight chance it's a DB. I'll know for sure in a couple of days. Or I'll have my wife take a look at it... we'll see how that goes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Dan Hatch may be able to help you. He sells rebuilt front axles and makes the tooling to do the job yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

DB axles have been seen on unmolested original '15s. However, most original '15s appear to have TW axles, as well as several others. The TW front axles appear to go as early as 1912. Transue and Williams began as two different companies well known in the automotive industry, and they made a lot of parts for early Fords. Their merger (I can't look it up right now) was right around the earliest model Ts.
Slight drift, I have an early early transmission driven plate with a "W" maker's mark. I don't know for certain, but wonder if it may be pre-merger Williams?

While the DB axles are prized by the brass era crowd, the others from that era are no less correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Jerry: If I can help, PM me. Thanks, Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration