For Sale: Rare Original Winged Lion Radiator Cap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: Rare Original Winged Lion Radiator Cap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

This is a beautiful original accessory winged Lion radiator cap from the 1920's. This one still retains most of it's nickel plating and is an nice as you will find for an original. I put it on an old Model A cap for display which I will include but it can be put on another cap easily. If you wanted to use this on a brass car you could strip it to the brass and buff it. Very unusual and rare cap. $150 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Larry, double check me on this but I'm pretty sure your gargoyle is for a Gardner automobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Walter, it is Quite similar, but I think the Gardner cap is slightly thinner and the head of the Gardner cap faces more upwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

This one mounted to a Garnder looks to be identical. While it's possible it is also an accessory mounted to a Gardner, I believe the design evolved over time. Study up on it. A Gardner friend also thought it was for the car.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bd/50/73/bd5073d5281b35c1db212e98f3c959c6--hoods-hood- ornaments.jpg

There's another top-left, here:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/529876712386892554/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

Walter, This is the 1925,26, 27 and 28 Gardner hood ornament I was referring to. (Thinner with the head facing upward) It is possible that the design evolved in 29 or the picture you posted is an accessory as well. I am selling it as advertised and the buyer is welcome to research it further for themselves if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Neat, I've seen those, too. Interesting that they share the same tail. Thanks for showing that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

Hi Larry, I just sent you a private message. Thank you, Mark

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration