For Sale RAJO manifold.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale RAJO manifold.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:46 am:

N35 Manifold nice shape. 575.00 OBO. Phil Eyre 269-964-9248 home or 269-986-9248 cell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Give me an email address and I'll get it or a phone number and I'll text it to you. My dad isn't very up on technology.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Which head does this fit to ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

N 35 intake and exhaust together same side for a single up draft carb. Exhaust threads appear to be decent too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Sounds like a C35 RAJO head application. Two intake a three exhaust port manifold. Single intake and four exhaust will be for the RAJO Model 31 commercial head. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Yeah know can I send you the picture and will you post it? I'm dong sports stuff with kids today. Glen has it described the best. I'm not an over head guy my dad has some of that stuff and asked me to post it as it's extra to his needs. I can send a photo from my phone if anybody wants one. Give me phone number for a picture and I'll get it right to you. Thanks Mark E.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking also Mark (Chaffin). It sounds like a C35 manifold.

A little clarification - The Model 30 (also called the "commercial" or "truck" head) has all ports on the right side; one intake (in the center) and four exhaust. This was the first model that was manufactured by RAJO in late 1919. The Model 31, introduced in late 1920, has two intake ports on the right side, and four exhaust ports on the left side, which is also the side with the spark plugs. This was their first "cross-flow" head.

Here's a few pics of a Model 31 from and old article on overheads for Model Ts.

And here's a pic of the ports on my Model 30:

Mark (Eyre) - If you would, please send me a few pics. Cell number is 937-371-0657. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

Yup, after work. Too many names too small of print on an I-Phone. Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

The photo of the 30 is correct with ONE center intake and 4 exhaust ports for a total of 5. The C-35 also has 5 ports but the front and rear are exhaust and the center is an oval shape exhaust. #2 and #4 are intakes. Both these heads have all ports on the right side.

The pictures of the cross flow head has nothing to do with this, Mark is asking about either the 30 or the C-35 with everything on the right side. All others had separate intake and exhaust manifolds on opposite sides.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Thanks for the note, Tim. I posted the pics of the 31 for Mark Chaffin, as he had posted that the 31 had a single intake and four exhaust ports, which was not correct.

Also, Mark Eyre sent me a few pics of the manifold he listed for sale. Here are two of the ones he sent me. Clearly, the manifold is for the C-35 head.

And here's a pic of the ports on the C-35 head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Dave is looking for a model 30 manifold he and Tim are both correct the model 31 was the first and only crossflow RAJO to have single set of plugs on the exhauste side this was the head that Noel Bullock won pikes peak with. It was followed up by the model B same port layout but plugs were on intake side. there are also 2 different manifolds for the model 35 (first) or model (C) latter same 5 ports but a little different

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

the model 31 is also the only crossflow head without the small exhauste port (for preheating the intake) on the intake side except for the BBR racers only

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

Dave,

That is indeed a C35 manifold but the intake carburetor flange has been cut and re welded for use with a side draft carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

Additionally,

The C35 manifold was notorious for cracking between the two center mounting bolts. Most found today have a visible repair in this area.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration