Carb kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Carb kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

I bought a Stromberg OF carburetor at an estate auction yesterday. Does anyone supply a rebuild kit for them? My first posting so I hope I am doing this right. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

I should also mention that I have been following this forum for the past year. I bought a 15 touring through a posting of a C List add linked to this forum. So thanks guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

Joe: Give the guys at Lang's a call and see what they might have or can send you in the right direction

(1-800-872-7871 and talk to Steve if he is there

Also Welcome to the Forum and the T World!!
Save room for a second car or TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Joe : Good for you, as these are great carbs. A rebuild "kit" is not available, but Stan Howe has remanufactured some parts. Usually the biggest problem is mechanical wear on the throttle shaft/bore, and the small wheel on the economizer arm that tends to wear flat. As well there are a few special gaskets required (one is lead), but again, Stan probably has them in stock.If there is no major wear on the throttle shaft, I'd just try it on your car before digging into it. Set up instructions are available on line. If for some reason you don't have a need for it, I'd be interested in buying it, but I think that once you get it working properly you will want to keep it. Good luck : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

I have an Stromberg Of - It seems to be okay. Does someone have a good photo of one to post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Stan has been busting his tail trying to whittle down his backlog of work, you might want to check with him to see if he is currently accepting carbs for rebuild:

http://www.strombergof.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the T..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

Thanks for all the information and being so helpful.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration