Touring MIGHT be for sale or trade:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Touring MIGHT be for sale or trade:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

I am considering either selling or trading this car, a 1925 T Touring for a Brass T, 1916 or older, either touring or hack. Car Iím looking for should be in about the same condition as this one.

I have fully owned it since January 1997, but it has only been on the road since 2009-10.
The car was restored to appear as an original, ďin serviceĒ car. It does not have a 10,000 dollar paint job, nor 15,000 dollars in body work. It does have a completely new wood kit in it (Classicwood in Greensboro, NC), and new upholstery (Classtique).

It has a 1923 engine, but I do have a titled 1925 engine for the car. That engine needs work. The 23 engine currently runs but not entirely well. The timing needs adjusting and probably the rods. (Not sure on the latter). The magneto needs tinkering as well, although it will run on mag, it will not start on mag. It never has, even with the other engine in it. Both engines are .030 over and have aluminum pistons. The 25 engine has stainless valves.

The tires are probably five to six years old.
A rebuilt starter from B & B (I think that was the name) and a rebuilt generator (by me). Could probably use new wheel bearings.

It has a mismatched set of demountable rims on it. The rear are fixed lugs, while the front are removable lugs.

My hands and wrenches have been on every nut and bolt of this car from the ground up. As I said before, it is not a beauty contestant. If it gets scratched, I just touch up the paint, as this is the type of car I wanted then. The body does have issues. I let people sit in it and Iíve given rides in it (a car of local Orthodox flagged me down an asked if they could go for a ride, so we went). It has won multiple awards from local car shows and was featured in Vintage Ford a couple of years ago. I am not afraid to drive it over 100 miles round trip.

At the moment, I am entertaining comments to gauge interest of purchase or trade. (Trades would be have to be flat trades: car for car).

Ford 1

Ford 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

It appears to be a nice car, but as someone that owns early brass cars I cannot think there would be anybody who owns one that would consider a flat trade of a brass era car in like condition for a 23/25..... they'd just be giving a way a bunch of cash for no reason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

If I had a decent tax return, I might be able to put on some cash, but at this time it isn't possible.

If the brass car needed a repaint, or was the wrong color, that might be a determining factor. Or if the upholstery was in need of fixing, that might be a factor as well.

As I said, mine is not perfect, so the trade car doesn't need to be perfect. I have every receipt for 98% of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

I like the Brass era T's as well. But there is definitely a difference in prices between the black era T's and full brass ones and the brass cars are more desirable so bring more money. I went to an auction this summer where a restored 1925 T touring brought about $9,000 and a nice original correct/partly restored 1910 brought $25,000 and a 1911 touring that was a recent AACA winner brought a bit more than that. Granted your T is a nice looking car but you will probably have to expect to pay at least $15K to boot or more to get a nice full brass era T such as in the 1910-1912 era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 01:04 am:

bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration