STOP lens needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: STOP lens needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 08:20 am:

As cautious as I am with my surroundings, I've bumped into something cracking my STOP lens. My great great uncle built the ole Depot from the ground up in the early 70's. Does anyone know where I can get myself a replacement lens?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 09:12 am:

I've never seen one like it, so you may have a long search ahead of you. You may want to look into having the original broken lens recast, it will look nice while you search for another. Here's a company that specializes in recasting rare lenses

http://danddautomobilia.com/Lenses.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 09:51 am:

I have seen that lens on ebay although I am unable to locate it today. It may have been sold. I will keep an eye open for it, if I can find it again.

Good Luck,
Terry Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

I was going to suggest Ebay, myself, as that is an aftermarket light; not something Ford originally made. I, too, have seen lens that look very similar on Ebay. Some people even advertise them as genuine Ford, even though Model T enthusiasts "in the know', know differently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

I did see one of those lenses on ebay within the last few months. If you check regularly you can probably find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Thanks for the help guys!
An item my great great uncle installed and have been entrusted as the caretaker for my life before passing it to the next family member so I understandingly want to do my part to keep it in good shape.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration