**Wanted** 20" Dual Wheel Rims for TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: **Wanted** 20" Dual Wheel Rims for TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

I'm looking for the 20" riveted steel wheels and adapters that will fit the TT Truck.

wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:50 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 04:16 pm:

Fred, I will be no help whatsoever. I have known for a long time that such wheels existed, mostly from a handful of original era photographs. I cannot recall ever seeing a set in person.

Don't you just hate it when you see something like that on the internet, and just know that you have to try to get a set?
I know that when I saw that picture, I had many thoughts of how much I would like a truck with them. But, then, the last thing I need right now is another project I don't have time and money for.

I do hope you find and get a set, and also wonder what became of those in the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

You know...

If a guy had enough good 20" Firestone rims...
And knew a guy with a CNC plasma cutter...

A little ambition and a few tools could make brand new wheels.

The adapters would be a bit of a lathe project... But not impossible

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

I think I could make a set or two of these next year as I'll be set up for stuff like that.....but in order for me to do it as it's not something I'm wanting or needing for myself someone would have to pay me. The reason? I'm setting up a business making some Model T parts and as in any business you have to make money or you might as well just give money away. My first quick guess is that it would cost as much as 8 or 9 hundred bucks to do this even if you found 4 rims, all the same. If there was a source for new non lock ring rims and you had 5 guys who wanted a set each, you then might make some money on a lower selling price. The key is new rims, and it would help to be able to examine an original wheel to gather the needed information that you just cant get from a photo. Also I don't think it used a non-lock ring rim, you just cant see it in this picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

I would like to get one of these wheels just to see who made it. I have a hunch it might be either Budd or Firestone. They should be stamped.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration