WTB: 1909-1910 Pitman Arm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: 1909-1910 Pitman Arm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

I am needing a Pitman Arm with the two measurements of 2-27/32"; and 4-1/2". I am referring to the diagram in the post by R.V. Anderson on June 15, 2014, where the two dimensions are at right angles with one another from the axis of the tapered opening. Sorry, I cannot figure out how to copy the link to copy the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 08:24 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

Here is the link showing the measurements. I need A= 2 27/32; B= 4 1/2 for Late 1909-1910. Please dig through your stash and see if you can help me find this part. Thanks

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/452557.html?1402878003

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 03:27 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 07:17 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 11:35 am:

I am still needing to find a 1909-1910 pitman arm. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 11:58 am:

Good luck Daniel. I haven't seen one for years. When it comes that time, I will piece one together from two later arms. I have an original on my 10 for a pattern.
BTW did you know the early ones had an oval shaped ball, not round like the later ones? Don't know the purpose, maybe to limit the throw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

I have one for 1910. I currently have an offer for it which I have not accepted yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Dale, Please send me a photo of it and details to DanielSnell2@twc.com.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

I have not heard that the early pitman arms an oval shaped arm. That is good to know. Wonder what the two dimensions of the ball are? Thanks Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Sorry Richard, I meant to comment on the oval shape of the ball not the arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:47 am:

Daniel I'd be happy to give you the dimensions but it would require me taking off the drag link. Sorry, not willing to do that. ;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Understand and would not want you to go through that trouble, just thought you might by off chance have those dimensions.

All the best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Dale,

I sent you a Post Message. Please get back with me. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Still looking for the Pitman Arm, anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Just to add, Daniel, mine looks exactly the same as the photo Kim posted for his 09. I think it was on an earlier thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Richard, Have you seen others that had the oval ball you mentioned? The reason I ask is because the one Dale Kemmerer owns has a round ball and I am thinking perhaps they were built both ways, with the oval ball and with the round one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

Daniel, the one Dale has is different than mine, his is longer, the one RV Anderson says is correct for 1910. Mine is the shorter version with the 3 1/2" arm, the same dimensions Mr Anderson says are for 1909. Mine appears to be the same one listed in the August 1909 parts book.
The one I have is the only one I've checked for dimensions and the oval ball. I wonder if Kim's also has the oval ball, my guess is it does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

I am thinking the NRS pitman arm also had an oval ball. I have one in storage, I'll try to check.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration