FOR SALE; HOLLEY VAPORIZOR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; HOLLEY VAPORIZOR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

VAPORIZOR; $39.00 No cracks or repairs found.

Dave Huson, 2116 charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 12:19 am:

Vaporizer:

vaporiZer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

As Near as I can tell the Carb is complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 01:36 am:

Carb was promised but it looks like it is up for sale again. I would like to say again I believe it is complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:27 am:

Dave:

Do you have an extra cast iron piece with the four bolts that mounts the vaporizer heating plate to the exhaust manifold? The threads are stripped where the adjustment needle nut goes and I think it would cost more to buy a helicoil than to just see if another part is available. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Jim; I have the extra iron piece with the four bolts holes. The threads appear to be OK I threaded it to the other part. I will try and get you a picture of the two threaded together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Are you referring to the "main body" Jim ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

Steve:

Yes. It used to be on John Aldrich's car and he said that it didn't run well. Now I think I know why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

Talking with Jim Lang today, he said that if the threads in that portion are gone when they rebuild a Vaporizer, then the piece is considered junk. It has 1/4"-32, by the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:06 am:

Jim Keisey, You don't know what you are talking about. This Carb came from north central Kansas not Washington. And its not junk as near as I can tell. But I am no expert on vaporizors like you would like to have people think you are. Strick to your own parts, but then I guess you probably don't have, any just critize others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:58 am:

Dave, would you ship this carb or is it a walk in only? How much for shipping?
I'm gaining an extreme interest in the vaporizer carbs since I know they actually work.
:-) I wanna see more of this carb! :-)
PM me or post here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 02:03 am:

Dave:

I wasn't talking about your carb - I was talking about mine. I received mine from John Aldrich. I won't return the insults, but for your information I have run three different types of vaporizers on my car: a stock Holley Vaporizer (the one I am trying to repair), and Holly vaporizer with an Atlas exhaust manifold that my cousin is straightening out for me, and a Kingston vaporizer that I'm currently running. I have had many Model T owners drive and ride in my sedan say that I have the best running vaporizer that they've ever seen, running as good as an NH. With that said, I think I'm qualified with knowledge about the Vaporizer, though, obviously still learning as I glean some new information from calling Lang's today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Jim I understand what you are saying. I am glad that you like vaporizors. If you are going to have a long conversation and pictures of Vaporisors maybe it should have been in the Forum, not my AD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

I am not very good at taking pictures and have taken criticism for them but here goes. I will try and show a couple of pictures of the Vaporizor in question.

vaporizor picture #1

vaporizor picture #2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

I WILL TRY AGAIN;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

One more try:

holly vaporizor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Picture number 2 I hope:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Duey: I will put your name it. I will be so glad to sell it after all the adverse publicity that I will ship. I will find out what shipping will be and let you know.
Many thanks, '''Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Thanks Dave. As soon as we know the total, we'll cut you a check and send it your way! :-)
Do you have any more pieces and parts for the vaporizer?
I know a guy looking for a good bowl-lower section.

(Message edited by Duey_C on October 31, 2017)

(Message edited by Duey_C on October 31, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

Not bumping to the top Dave but just wanted to say that your Auto-Kwok (your cat) looks just like my Vic Taggert.
I think an eagle got Vic and ate him.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

I understand what you say about big birds (eagles)getting your cat. We have big and I do mean big hawks dive bombing and removing full size rabbits out of our front yard. We try and keep a close eye on the young cat to see if we can keep her out of the way of dogs and hawks. She had just jumped 3 feet up on an out side table while I was taking pictures of the carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

Duey: I was up in Cheyenne for the last three day. Just got home this afternoon. I will take the carb into town to the post office tomorrow and see what shipping will be. One more small think about the Kitten. I walked out of the back door of the shop and there was the car with a snake in both paws and slowly eating the snake from the tail. I killed the snake and cut it up in one inch sections and the cat ate it all including the head. It was not a rattler.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 01:24 am:

Thanks Dave!
Thank you MTFCA!
Much interesting conversation/thoughts/notions thanks to this site!
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration