Wanted: six rivet housings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: six rivet housings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

I'm in need of a really nice pair of six rivet axle housings for my 1910 T. Not looking for an axle that needs a lot of work to make usable, but one that only needs minor help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 09:55 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-1910-6-Rivet-Rear-Axel-Housings-MT-878-/401 310333219?hash=item5d6ff5b923:g:zK0AAOSwHHFY9i0O&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Is that a reasonable price? I know they don't make 'em anymore but WOW.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

It is funny how certain parts go through periods of "extra desirable", or a whole bunch will show up all at once and end up going cheap.
The last time I was able to get to Bakersfield swap meet (about five years ago), I saw a whole lot of the pressed steel six rivet housings. I was really wishing I could have gotten a pair, or two, but just could not spend the money for something I did not have to have.
Prices there, on that day, ranged from under $300 per housing, to about $900 per housing. Prices varied of course by seller, and usually condition. But I saw quite a few decent housings for around $400 each.
There were a few actual matching pairs, and I mentally noticed plenty of housings that could make good matching rights and lefts. On that day, I counted at least ten good pair of early housings. I cannot ever remember seeing so many in one place at one time. I would have liked to put together a T early enough to need those housings. But I do not think that will ever happen. I did have a small pile of early pieces that could begin such a project, and while there, did buy a '12 open/business runabout project pile for about the cost of one decent early housing. I guess that will have to be close enough, as a late '12 with twelve rivet housings as the late '12s had.

Since that day, I have not seen any early six rivet housings nearly so cheap! I have seen a few sets sell on eBad for between three thousand to over four thousand dollars for a pair. I have seen singles sell for about $1500 there also. I also have seen a couple pair sell through our forum classifieds in that same price range (one set sold by a friend of mine). So that set on eBad may not be all that unreasonable. Besides, it is Model T Haven. He usually knows what he has, and what it is worth. I think he does a lot of good for the hobby, pulling both common and rare pieces from around the country (a lot of them from the jaws of cockroach scrappers), and making them readily available to model T owners that need or want them.

My experience. My opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Bill give me a call at 509 236 2393 I have a nice 6 rivet rear end I am ready to deal. Randy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Randy, I appreciate the heads up but I just picked up a really nice pair of housings at Hershey!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

OK Bill Randy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

Perry the six rivet is spoken for Randy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration