FOR SALE; HUBODOMETER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; HUBODOMETER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 07:44 am:

Hubodometer; $55.00, attached to front wheel on trucks. Mostly used on trucks to determine how many miles they have driven. appears to be working well. Please include $9.15 shipping.
Would be an excellent conversation item at a car show or where a bunch of Ts are parked. You would be unique.
Dave Huson, 2116 charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Hubodometer:

Hubodometer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 12:01 am:

Does it just screw on; replacing a hub cap?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

Terry I don't know for sure how it is mounted. I will try and post a couple of pictures of the back. My guess and its strictly a guess is that yu drill a hole in the center of a hub cap and mount it that way. I get steel hubcaps with no embossing at some of the estate buy outs, that I think would work real good. I find these meters at estates every once in awhile. They always seem to work good when turned.

side of meter

back of meter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but my understanding is that Engler Instruments didn't start making these until early 1950's????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

Most common installation is by mounting a bracket between two points, usually hub bolts. With a hole in the center of the bracket, directly in line with the axle, this Hubodometer is mounted with a nut and lock washer.

As the wheel turns the Hubodometer housing rotates but the inside is weighted to remain up right and thus counts the revolutions of the wheel converting that into miles.

Cheers,
Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration