Wanted - Early Manifold Clamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - Early Manifold Clamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Looking for 3-4 of the TOP style. Note the pad that contacts the manifold is not completely round like the more common "early" style. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:03 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 05:13 am:

David, might the difference just be due to a different supplier? I have found a number of different forge marks on the clamps and minor differences in appearance. It is difficult to get a matched set together, but even then, I can't see Henry's workers paying much attention to just what parts they might be lifting out of the supply bin.

I would be interested in what you find out about them.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Anyone? Please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

David

Search thru a box and could only find one similar to what you are wanting to match.

This one is marked with Ford script and the forging mfg. mark is a tiny 'F' inside a triangle.

Just one end is upset and lacking full circle, the other end is round. Think these are just mal-formed but passed for use anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Bodine on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

David:

I am currently out of town but think I may have what you want. Send me an email toward the end of the week and I will try to help you.

Best regards,
Jonathan Bodine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

David, I looked thru my stuff and I have one only. Looks NOS. part #only. Not going anywhere so check out Jonathan , he may have a set. Let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

Dan, Thank you for looking. I agree that it looks like a poor quality version of the typical clamp.

Warren & Jonathan, Sounds great. Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Jonathan & Warren, Sent you both Private Messages again. Thanks for your help.

Dave Martin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration