TT What do i have? Need help identifying please !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: TT What do i have? Need help identifying please !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Pringle on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Hi can anyone help? Made in USA but no makers mark Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Pringle on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Sorry, I thought I posted this on the Forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James MacNaughton on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 02:31 am:

Well, that's certainly SOMETHING.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Pilkie on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:08 am:

hi bob here in Edmonton alberta that's a two speed aux transmition I don't know the make tho I have 4 TT trucks with diferent tranys in them . id love to buy yours if you want to sell. do you have any other TT parts for sale thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:00 am:

James, Iíve been trying to identify the same unit thatís on my 1911 Buick model 33. I hope to have it running soon. Very curious to learn itís function.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Kind of looks like a Jumbo Planator, but I don't know if they made a version for TTs.

Maybe try a Google search on "jumbo planator mtfca"?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Mark, bingo. I believe thatís it, didnít know what to call the darn thing until your response.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Pringle on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Excellent info guys. This is fitted on a 1918 RHD TT project that I have recently purchased. Sorry Bob but I live in Scotland and it is not for sale. If anyone can help I am desperate to buy a left hand door catch to fit a 1925 enclosed cab TT. Impossible to find in the UK. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don A on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

We had a Planator in our '12 T many years ago (so we could keep the clam-shell rearend). It was the car model and it was an underdrive. It did not split the gears like a Ruxtell. Ford High and Planator under was very close to Ford low. I think the gears they used inside the car Planator were Model T rearend gears. Ford low and Planator under was a parade gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

I have a Planetor and it provides a great intermediate gear for hill climbing. Low, low is great for parades, pulling into the trailer and pulling tree stumps. In Planetor low I think my T could climb a 45 degree incline with the throttle closed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration