For Sale - NOS Box of Five Schraeder Valve Stem Dust Covers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale - NOS Box of Five Schraeder Valve Stem Dust Covers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Here is an NOS box of five Schraeder valve stem dust covers with their base nuts and leather washers.

These covers and nuts are too large to fit onto the original Schraeder 777 stems that came with Model Ts when they were new.

However, these dust covers are the same size as the current reproductions that fit the currently available metal stem tubes (I test fitted one to confirm).

There is some minor shelf wear, see attached pics. My asking price compares very favorably to the price of new reproductions.

$120.00 for all, which includes USPS priority shipping.

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Thanks for you honesty Mark. I too have run into these, which were used for bigger cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:47 am:

No interest? OK, how about $100.00 including shipping? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Last chance, $75.00 including shipping, or they go back on the shelf. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:41 am:

I'm baffled by the lack of interest in these. :-(

To be clear, these NOS dust covers and base nuts DO fit the currently available reproduction metal stem tubes.

If you total up the cost of five reproduction dust covers and base nuts from Lang's, you would spend over $150.00 when shipping is included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

The dust covers and base nuts are no longer available, thanks MTFCA! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration