WANTED 09-16 FRAME AND RUNNING GEAR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED 09-16 FRAME AND RUNNING GEAR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

LOOKING FOR 09-16 ROLLING CHASSIS, WILL TRAVEL IF POSSIBLE. CALL CHRIS 1-563-468-1454

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Chris, I have frames, front and rear axles, wheels and rims, If you want to put It together or I could restore and assemble It for you. I also have motors and transmissions If you need one. I would need to know what year you are looking for?

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

'09 to '16? That is a big variation in details and values. How correct or year appropriate are you wanting? The differences between a 1918 frame and a 1915 frame are minor, and only a few people (relatively speaking) can even tell the difference. The price difference is only a few dollars (overall condition means more than the minor year variation), maybe a hundred dollars at most difference. The difference between a 1915 and a 1911/'12 frame is huge. The price difference is also huge, with the earlier frame worth five to ten times as much. The earliest frames are worth even more.
Front axle, rear end, and engine are all similarly extreme in the value difference. One may be able to acquire a 1916 engine in decent condition, however in need of rebuilding, for around $500. A similar condition '09 engine could likely cost $15000 or more, if you are lucky enough to even find a real one.
So, what you want, and why, what your plans are, are important matters to consider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 01:40 am:

I DIDNT REALIZE HOW MUCH EARLY PARTS ARE WORTH. I GUESS ILL STICK WITH A NEWER FRAME, AS LONG IT HAS CAST RUNNING BOARD BRACKETS, THANKS FOR THE INPUT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 04:10 am:

Chris, The forged running board brackets were replaced by the pressed steel type in the spring of 1920 if that helps in your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 09:14 am:

IM CHANGING MY MIND TO LOOK FOR 1914- 1918 FRAME

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration