WTB rear axle bearings and sleeves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB rear axle bearings and sleeves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:46 am:

I'm rebuilding my 1923 Touring rear axle, would like to get some since old stock bearings.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Joe,

Contact Dave Huson in Longmont, CO. He always has rear bearings. Usually has sleeves but you might consider new sleeves as these are the items that take the most wear. He sells in these classifieds all the time.

Good Luck,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Joseph

here is a link to one of Dave Huson's "for sale" offerings...contact him through that...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/796629.html?1507615898

Regarding sleeves...spend the small extra $$ for the "better" sleeve available in dealer catalogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Oh, and on bearings, mike each roller, both ends...you want .495 or better (.500 when new) on the diameter, with only tiny, minimal (best if none) pitting on rollers. You will want to specify this request with any seller, to avoid disappointment.

You are not likely to find NOS, so start with your own bearings and check them. It is rare for the inner set to be too worn or pitted for reuse.

Do NOT buy new solid roller bearings if you intend to drive the car much. Most dealers will warn you of the same thing. When used as outer bearings, they can be hard on the axle...not so much so if used inboard by the differential.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

Thanx Scott for your info, I was planning on buying new sleeves, if I could only find good used bearings. I thought I would put out that I'm looking for both, in the event, someone has both available...I have two bearings I could use for the other and order some new for the inner from a dealer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Joseph,

Check your email,
I sent a private message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:29 am:

If I remember correctly, Glen Chaffin's sleeves and the same hardness as the originals. I gather that not all new sleeves are.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration