FS Munci Trans1

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Munci Trans1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Look at the pictures. I don't know anything about this. $175obo pickup in North Jersey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

This is an odd one. The input and output bells look very much like the Muncie transmissions made for model T. But the gear case and shift tower/top doesn't look like any Muncie I am familiar with. Muncie did make a lot of transmissions for a lot of cars, both after-market and OEM.
Can you determine what the various gear ratios are? Does it have reverse? It should given the lower bulge in the case. Most Muncie after-market transmissions made for model T Fords do have reverse. They and Jumbo Giant were the two that usually did.
If you can figure out an approximate for the gear ratios, it would help for finding a buyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

I agree that the input and output mounting bells do look T Ford. It is missing the input special U-joint but does have the output coupler. While not marked on the side of the case as Muncie it has all the case features of Muncie. Many of their transmissions were made either plain or with a customers logo ie: Montgomery Ward. The shift tower on top appears to be Chevrolet, Having never tried this swap, I do not know if this will work or not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration