#5 buffalo wheel center

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: #5 buffalo wheel center
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

This is a very nice center for a #5 buffalo wire wheel.

$120 plus shipping
Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Hi Daniel - I am reasonably confident that the Buffalo wheel center you show is, in fact, a Buffalo #4.5 wheel. If so, the outside measurement of the front "bell" should be about 5". On a #5 Buffalo, the outside measurement of the front "bell" should be about 5 1/2". I have never seen a #5 with drive lugs visible on the outside (they are hidden inside). Every #4.5 Buffalo I have seen shows the drive lugs like your photo does.

Actually a #4.5 is LESS common than a #5. The challenge is finding someone with a car that needs one! Looks to be in nice condition. / Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

I agree with Tim, this center is a type CB 4 1/2, a rare short lived design not made in #4 or #5 just 4 1/2.
Cars I can identify as using this as factory or aftermarket ( I cannot tell which, maybe either/both) are listed here:
Oakland 1920-1924
Olds 1921-22 Models 43A & 47
Scripps-Booth 1920 639-B, 1921-22 2nd Series

They may have been used on others ( custom order?) but are not in my catalogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

I have six 4.5 hubs,3 fronts,3 rears,all with hubcaps and Marmon center plates. No wheels. If anyone wants a meatier look to their racer these are available. Daniel's wheel center would be a start on a set at least. It looks like a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

$100 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Daniel,I may be the only one with any interest in your wheel center. I have a pretty decent T radiator I would trade you for it and we each pay our own shipping if it doesn't sell outright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Expert Layden Butler has informed me this wheel center is not the same series as my hubs so I guess I won't trade my radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Sold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration