Flip top radiator cap for Ford Special Moto-meter.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Flip top radiator cap for Ford Special Moto-meter.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

I have four NOS flip top radiator caps. They are for the Ford Special Moto-meters. Any of the JR Moto-meters sold by the dealers will fit and work with these flip top radiator caps. You will be receiving one flip top cap only, I will show a picture of one of the caps with a moto-meter installed to show how they look and also an ad from back in the day for them. But you will be buying only one flip top cap. No moto-meter or ad will be included. In the photo of the complete unit installed on a radiator neck, you can see how they install. You remove the flip bail, place the cap onto the radiator neck with its included gasket, and replace the flip bail. When the flip bail is in the closed position it holds everything in place. I used clear silocone on both sides of the gasket just to have added leak proofing on the caps I used for myself. They are nickel plated brass, and in nice shape. They should clean up very well with just a very little steel wool and polish. I see no cracks or damage at all, to any of them. They will be 75.00 each plus 6.80 shipping in the US. International shipping to be actual cost. I take money order, personal check, or pay pal. International payment to be pay pal.

These are the last four that I have so when they are gone, that's it ...

This photo shows how a complete unit installs on a radiator neck. (moto-meter and neck not included)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

I forgot my e-mail address

dobro(at)artelco.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

Donnie, I would really like one of these, but shipping will rule me out. I have one question/comment about the fitting of these. They appear to have tabs on the bottom edge. Are these there, to be bent over under the top threaded section of the neck, to hold the assembly in place? Otherwise the flip top function is largely rendered superfluous if the cap comes off if the clip is turned down to release the flip section.

Am I missing something?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 12:37 am:

Allan:

See this thread - it explains the purpose of the tabs.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/644840.html?1464059730

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 02:44 am:

Thanks Eric,
Now it makes sense.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

two caps are spoken for and still have two for sale .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Allan, I thought I could find a somewhat cheap shipping option to Australia. WOW.... 75.95 to ship this in a small flat rate. ????? I have shipped lots of things to Australia in the past for way less than that. What happened ... ???? About three years ago I shipped a complete Warford transmission to Australia for less than 150.00 and it weighed almost more than I could pick up ... These things weigh next to nothing ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Donnie, you pay the postage at your end, so the question should be there too. I just posted a tie rod, drag link, pitman arm and lower steering bracket to the USA, for trackable postage at just over $80.
Ebay global shifting on a pair of bib overalls from USA to Australia is around $30.

Go figure.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Allen, My mistake. The shipping is 34.95 for small flat rate. They have changed the "looks" of the web page (again) and the prices are in a weird place on the page. I have a learning curve to go thru (again) to get used to the new web page .... Its time for me to start all my sales for the year to pay for the speedster project and the trip to Chickasha in the spring. I guess I need to start that learning process again ... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Spend more than 250 USD at Shelpers.com and shipping to Australia is just 10 USD regardless of the package weight, see:

http://www.sheplers.com/customer-service-shipping.html

When you consider they sell things like Wrangler jeans for 1/2 or a 1/3 of the price it retails in Australia it's a real good deal. Use the saved money to buy more T parts :-)

And they have impossible to find stuff in Australia such as E, EE and EEE width sizes for boots. I like the made in USA Chippewa brand work boots.

Allan, I may be able to help you get it to Australia cheap. PM me if you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

All the moto-meter caps are sold pending payment. Thanks MTFCA ..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration