Two piece valves wanted.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Two piece valves wanted.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 10:23 am:

I need 4 unserviceable two piece valves for 4 valve Rajo project. They will be cut off and drilled out to fit under head gasket. Please PM or email for price and shipping. Thanks Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Sam:
you may want to consider another method of making a gasket surface ...on overheads I have poured the valve port areas with scrap Babbitt and machined this to match the deck of the motor block ...simply block off the ports on the manifold side and block the valve guide ...pour molten Babbitt or lead to fill the cavity ...to allow for pushrods I have installed an oversize core that is tapered to allow removal and poured to fill the cavity and machined flush with the deck ...hope this helps ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Gene thanks for posting that, I suggested the same thing on his other post. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration