FS Muffler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Muffler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 05:33 am:

For sale. I have a cast iron end muffler, but I'm not sure just what years it is for. It is similar to Lang's pt. #4025C, '17-'20, but the exhaust "kidney" shaped hole is at about the 9 o'clock position instead of at 6 o'clock looking at it from the rear. There is a thread on Feb. 2016 that Martain Vowel started about mufflers that has some pictures posted by David Dewey at 5:16 that shows just what I have. So far, I haven't been able to find out just what years it is for. The ends appear to be NOS, the outer shell appears to be good original with some minor pitting. The inner shells are repro. Everything has been blasted and painted with high temp black paint. Lang's price is $69.95. This one is $50.00 plus shipping. I can text pictures. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Sounds like for late '17 then up to '20, should have the one long bolt in the center holding it together. '20 on was pressed steel ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 04:19 am:

Tim, yes I do believe it is for a '17-'20 T, but I have seen two different locations for the exhaust port. One style is at the 6 o'clock position, the other at the 9 o'clock position, which is what I have. Maybe that is just a difference between manufactures(?), I don't know. The ends on this one may be repros, or NOS, I don't know, they are in very good condition. It is a nice muffler.

$45.00 plus shipping. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

David, FYI in 1919 the muffler outlet was moved up due to the spare tire :
JUN 7 Acc. 575, Box 11, #743, Ford Archives
Muffler rear end, T-1201, redesigned with outlet 10 degrees above horizontal centerline to deflect exhaust away from the spare tire. Former design had the outlet at the bottom of the end plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Kevin, thanks for that. I had forgotten all about that change. Mine would be for a '19-'20 then.

$40.00 plus shipping. If it isn't worth that, I'll just hang it on the wall. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

David,

Sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Eric, I'll have to get back to you in a few days. My laptop had a minor stroke and is in the shop. Should have it back in a few days. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Eric, I finally got my 'puter back. PM has been sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

Muffler is spoken for. Thanks, Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration