Fs tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Fs tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 09:03 am:

set of four (4) coker smooth black tires.
consisting of (2) 30 x 3 and (2) 30 x 3 1/2
these tires are about 15 years old and have very few miles on them, approx 50 miles. i just installed my white tires on my car and am selling these that i removed.
price is $600.00 cash for the set. pick up only in northern cincinnati.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 08:09 am:

added a couple of pics of the tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Better keep them your white tires will turn dark brown and crack open with in 4-6 months....! Biggest waste of money I've spent in years, full set of Universal white tires for a 1911 and 6 Firestone wide whites for a 31 deluxe roadster.... all 10 tires looked like chocolate milk and I used everything known to clean them with no luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 07:07 am:

steve.....sorry for your luck, i bought my whites about 5 years ago and just recently mounted them. so far so good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Steve & Stuart, don't know about you Steve but I would demand my money back from the vendor. NOT saying it's the vendor's mistake, it's the manufacturer fault for supplying a inferior product. The vendor is just a distributor/representative but still part of the chain of command, they can deal with the manufacturer you shouldn't have to !!! I have two brass vehicles that I will eventually put "whities" on, that's 10 tires and a hell-of-a-lot of money !!! As a consumer that's paying a astronomical price for those white tires should not have to except anything less. (NOTE) I thought this issue on white tires turning color was resolved ???

And Stuart, what a beautiful Touring you have !!! It amazes me of all the gorgeous vehicles in existence just on this forum alone. Have met/corresponded with some really nice people, some have become good friends, on this Forum. Put me on the list Stuart, should you ever decide to sell it !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 09:33 am:

john...thanks for your comments. it will never be perfect, but i like a few flaws earned over its lifetime to show on my cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Stuart: Great looking car the white tires look awesome on a brass car for sure.

John: The T tires were replaced once and we had the same results with the replacements. I never took the Firestones back to Coker I just recently sold the car when it left the garage they were still brown.

Stuart: I sure hope you have better luck with yours. Hopefully they have fixed the issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 10:55 am:

steve....i hope i do not have any issues....the tires were moulded in 2012.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

There has been a lot of discussion about this on this forum. The manufacturer decided it was due to the inner tubes that were used. TIM WRENN is the guy to talk to about this issue,.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

2012 date code? You'll know soon enough:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 11:20 am:

I agree it may be a good idea to keep the black tires. My whites didn't turn brown, but they were NVOS (New Very Old Stock) and the country roads ate them up PDQ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

i'll let you know in the spring what they do or don't do. cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dennis on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Wesley's Bleach White

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration