Mallory single point distributor for model A Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Mallory single point distributor for model A Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Mallory single point dist. for a Model A Ford ...this is my favorite period correct aftermarket ignition for the model A ...is simple and a very effective auto. spark advance ...was removed from a running ,very tired combine engine ...I removed the rotor for my speedster engine ...cap is included with the dist. unit ...price is $100 plus $13.80 flat rate postage in lower 48 states ...actual postage outside this area or International ...Gene French 970-581-2808mallory single pointmallory cap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

the Mallory Distributor is spoken for ...thanks MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Gene: Hi From Iowa! I have one of these I would like to try (also off of a combine) & would like to know where to find points? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Some models can be found new others not so much. A lot depends on which one you have. Keep your eyes on Ebay, put an ad on HAMB and Fordbarn. Unless your points are really worn out or you don't have them in the first place, they can be cleaned up and should work fine. You could ask on Fordbarn in the Model A section what the availability status is or where they can be found for your model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

John:
I have purchased points for the single point unit from a auto electric dealer at Chickasha ...this dist. pictured is the model YA ...a pretty common unit ...they work very well and don't have the issues with the condenser and the contact with the ignition cable that is common with the original Ford ign. unit...also the advance curve is very good for my driving conditions ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Hi Guys: Thanks From Iowa on the point info! I would like to try one on a Model A just for Fun 7 would be very glad for any improvement on Henry's wonderful Car! John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:51 am:

John:
check with Tom VanMeeteren in Valley Ne. ...NOS Early Ignition ...ph. # 402-359-5762 ...he is knowledgeable and has a good stock of early ignition parts ...always an optimist...Gene French

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration