Basket case 1922 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Basket case 1922 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Picked these body sections up at a farm sale several years ago and set together a chassis with a '21 engine,someone looked at it and said it was a '22 so the block sitting on the floor is 1922. Frame was trailerized,have VG radius rods,and other parts to go with it. Mostly VG sheetmetal,some rust in lower quarters,has rear window piece but missing panel below it. Turtle pieces may be older. No trans. $650.00 all picked up,dollys not included.picturepicturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

BTT. There are a couple Briscoes next to this one if anybody really wants a couple oddball orphans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

$550 before it goes to tbay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 02:44 am:

Briscoes? As in Benjamin? I have only seen a few of those over the years. Any cyclops headlamp models? Or cyclecar models?
And no, I cannot be in the market to buy anything these days. But I am sure curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

There is a 1918 and 1920,post cyclops era,both touring cars,all apart,one rebuilt engine,one rebuilt transaxle according to previous owner. They're the models that have the crown hubcaps,radiator caps and crankhole covers. Kind of neat in that respect. But they would need total resto including all wood and a few missing parts. $4500 all or trade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

If only you were closer I would buy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Tommy,We're on the busy corner of I-80 and I-25,100 miles north of Denver,where thousands of people come past every day,you don't know anyone coming this way with a trailer delivering something they sold or visiting relatives or something that could pick it up for you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:25 am:

BTT I would consider delivering this a ways,particularly south towards Denver. Had a near miss on selling the old bldg. it's in and that still could happen putting the pressure on me to clear it out some. MTFCA member #49645

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Road trip Tommy!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

WOULD YOU CONSIDER DELIVERING TO MOLINE,IL, WERE RIGHT ON INTERSTATE 80, JUST ACROSS RIVER FROM DAVENPORT, IA, WOULD PAY YOUR EXPENCES, CALL 1-563-468-1454

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

That possibility exists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Steve, it sounds like I waited too long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

It's still available,no deals made yet but someone else may want something else I have near Moline so it could be knocking out two birds with one stone to go there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Looks like this is not going to Moline so it is available to anyone at this point. It does have some good parts that people have been wanting to buy or borrow for patterns for years so even if you have one under restoration now,it could help to finish a car. Nothing is for sale separately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Can anyone help with shipping to western NC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Still available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 04:57 am:

Anyone coming east toward NC with empty trailer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 04:59 am:

Would the whole pile fit in a box truck that I can rent? Wonder how much to rent a big enough truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 05:02 am:

Can someone show me a picture of the missing panel below the rear window please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 07:38 am:

Is this the one?

The rear panel is on it's side behind the steering column

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Anybody got a spare panel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:01 am:

I have the panel shown above with the rear window hole,whatever goes below that,that the turtle goes against, is what I don't have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

I'm trying to figure out how to make it happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Tommy,Sent you a PM about possibly being able to deliver it to Davenport Iowa about 800 miles east of here,did you get that msg? That might be half way or better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Steve -
What's in Davenport, Iowa - besides me? :-) If you do come to this area, you MUST see Craig Beek's all-brass Model T museum just across the Mississippi River from here in Illinois. It will be worth the trip alone for that! Let me know ahead of time and I'll arrange a private tour with Craig. The museum is NOT open to the public and hence does not have hours of operation. Visit by appointment in advance only.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Davenport Ia. to Hudson NC - 853 miles. I keep watching this thread hoping you fellers can connect ! Good luck !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Marshall,Besides you in Davenport there is someone that is interested in a chopped '40 Chevy coupe body I have on ebay,I'm not a hotrodder,just happen to have this body. We're still negotiating and I'm not sure how it is going to come out. I've always envied those that had dads and granddads that were into old cars that had cars,knowledge,other good stuff passed down to them. I've had to sow my own garden and the hobby pay for itself. T and A parts have helped a lot. Maybe there'll be time to see that collection if things work out. Don't want to get too windy but have to tell a story on Dave Huson. I picked up some unidentified teens seat sections,fenders,etc,loaded it all in my Safari van and hauled it down to a HCCA club breakfast in Loveland Co a few years ago to see if any of the guys could ID any of it. After breakfast I had it scattered over two parking spaces for inspection and Dave went by in his center door. I never saw anyone lock up the rear wheels on a T like that but he wanted a look. Unfortunately no T parts so he jumped back in,door still open and sped out of there. Anyway some of the parts got ID'd,Peerless,Metz,Buick,it was kind of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

There is a dependable fellow from Scottsbluff Nebr that is hauling a Corvair from there to Missouri in early December. He says if he can get both on his trailer he would pick up the '22 and haul it to Model T haven at no charge. Tommy,if you're still interested do you need it door to door or are you able to travel some? Anybody else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:53 am:

I could travel westward to as far as Knoxville TN. Sorry about the limitations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 11:06 am:

This shows the panel below the rear window panel.

You guys are breaking my heart. I wish I had had that much to start with. [;0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Richard,

That panel should have a bead rolled along the bottom, does it? Perhaps I just can't see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Yes, it has a bead at the bottom.

I also have an extra right quarter panel available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Tommy,Friend here is from Memphis,hoping he was headed that way soon with suburban and trailer to get the family piano or something but no luck. Have distant nephew in N.Carolina that transports but mostly just boats and motorcycles these days. He thinks he may have some ideas if you want to call him.PM me for the number if you want to talk with him.Don't recall the town.

Marshall-Who was the old guy in Davenport that restored speedometers? I met him at the Flying J one time while passing through and dropped off some NOS speedo parts he wanted.

Richard-Wouldn't it have been easier to build a duplex and rent it out than rewood one of these coupes from scratch?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

Steve, Maybe a geodesic dome duplex. There aren't many straight surfaces on those pieces. I did give my muscles and tools a break. I used Pine rather than the Ash I usually use for these things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Steve -
His name was Norm Miller of Norm's Antique Auto Supply here in Davenport. I bought my first Model A parts from him in 1966 on the day I took possession of my first Model A. A tire went bad while enjoying it that day. A friend knew Norm had Model A parts, so he took me over to Norm's shop, where I bought a 19" wheel with a good tire for $15. That was the beginning of our friendship that lasted until Norm passed away a couple years ago. A two-day auction was held in Illinois to liquidate his collection of cars and millions of parts. His tarpaper shop (Oh, how I loved that place!) was torn down just about two years ago to put up a used car lot, which has since also died.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Just got off the phone,the coupe project is sold pending payment and going a ways North and a ways West. I want to thank everyone that contributed on this thread in writing and pictures. It has been enjoyable.

Marshall,That's right Norm Miller. He was working on a couple speedos from a friend in Denver when he passed. His daughter was trying to find the parts and return them but I think it was tough for her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Marshall
I have a funny old car in my garage that was built in Davenport, IA.
822 Warren St. was one of the many addresses used for the Company.
Todd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Todd -
That may have been built by an old Model T legend around here until the early 1970's when he passed. Hermann Anderson and Norm Miller were the Model A and Model T gurus locally. I was at Hermann's garage once in the late '60's or early '70's during the winter, so my visit was necessarily brief. I couldn't recall later where that was, but I know it was in the lower west side of downtown. Warren fits that location.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Hi Marshall
I apologise for my quick post, I was boarding a plane. I also apologise for this un - model T related post.
I actually own a 1913 Zip made by the Zip Cyclecar Co. of 822 Warren St., Davenport, Iowa.
Todd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Todd,Don't apologize,submit a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

I'll see if the building is still standing this week and take a picture of it if it is. Judging by the 822 number, it'll be halfway up the steep hill going away from downtown Davenport, although that is a residential area these days. In 1918 they re-numbered the buildings to align them uniformly across town, so the number may have changed since 1913. Maybe in the library phone books there'll be a post-1918 address that is still valid today. It doesn't look like the company was open very long, just 1913 and 1914, if I am reading correctly. Finding spare parts for the "car" has got to be a b*tch! Here's an interesting link about your car: http://justamericanautomobiles.com/zip-light-car/

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Hi Marshall
That would be really interesting. When I return home at the end of the week I'll send you all the different addresses I have That the Zip cyclecar co. used, there was 4 or 5. I have accumulated a bunch of history on the company, but always looking for more. Zip was only in business 13 months. Built in the neighborhood of 100 cars. Two survive that I know of, my early 2-cyl air cooled car and a late "1915" model, #88, with the 4-cyl water cooled engine, top and windshield that came from the Barney Pollard collection and purchased in the 70's by Stan Reynolds for his Collection. Still in the Alberta museum today, unrestored, Same condition as purchased from Barney.
Best regards
Todd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

The 22 T coupe project has left the bldg,Thanks MTFCA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration