PLEASE TELL WHERE YOUR ITEM OR CAR IS LOCATED

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: PLEASE TELL WHERE YOUR ITEM OR CAR IS LOCATED
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Some, do not even have there location in there profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:34 am:

bob, your profile doesn't show a location either. lead by example!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:43 am:

My cars are located in Grosse Pointe, MI. :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Eric, I would add my address if I were smart enough, it's Atlanta TX. That being said, all I'm saying, Please state the location of what your selling. In my mind it would be helpful to know where it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

I reside in a State Of Confusion

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Bob:
you have a good point ...in addition to the price and condition of an item , the location and the cost of shipping or pickup is very important ...especially with whole vehicles or bulky/heavy items ...often times this would save the buyer and seller much wasted time on an impractical deal ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Hey FJ! We're neighbors!!! Ba ha ha ha! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

The sign up page should say Name/LOCATION on the same line that way everyone would know to enter their location after their name...

I think it's really important to know when reading a post or especially scanning down the threads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 07:47 am:

I think everyone should put their phone number, email, location in their profile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Bill, in this day of lurking scammers and thieves, I'm not so sure of the idea of "putting out" all your personal information for anyone to randomly acquire is such a good idea. It's about as bad as all these people on Facebook that insist on telling the world every move they make on a daily basis leaving themselves and their property fair game. Just my thoughts. If a poster wants to put out their personal info, say in an ad, then of course they can. But requiring a PM is still the safest bet. Yeh, sounding paranoid, but it is just the way things are anymore. We've already seen an increase in the infiltration of scam posters on this site, so Lord only knows how many are just looking around for an easy target.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

We can all see how Tim, Bill , Gene C., and Jerry have included their general location in their profile name and Gene F. is a good example of putting that info one layer in, in his profile page.

I don't think that there is much of a security/privacy risk in providing information like that out here "in public".

To go farther than that, personally, I usually include my phone number and email in PMs, because I am initiating the conversation and Private Messages are essentially private (if not, we should name them something else). That seems to have worked well enough for me since I joined this group. Good connections with other members when I wanted them and no stalkers crawling out from under their rocks (....yet).

I think that profile locations help more than they hurt, but recognize that it is a personal choice. But I consider members with location info readily available more accessible and I am more likely to respond to, or do business with them. And that is my choice... :-)

Keep crankin'
Eric

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration