Missing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Missing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:53 am:

I replaced the muffler and starter switch on my T. I tried to get the generator to charge, with no luck. Now I have a miss. It can be heard at the muffler. All 4 spark plug wires have spark. Carb adjustment won't fix it. Im trying to decide what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Sorry, I put this in classifieds by mistake. I tried to delete it but couldn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Tommy : Spark at the plug does not insure that the plug is firing so I'd first pull and clean the plugs, and maybe do a compression check when they are already out as you may have a stuck or sticky valve. A cold compression check is not going to give a proper reading, but it will show up a bad valve. If this all checks out OK, I'd be looking close at your intake manifold fit, and carb mounting for a vacuum leak. Good luck : Bruce

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration