Drive Shaft Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Drive Shaft Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Is there suppose to be a washer between the pinion gear and drive shaft bearing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

No,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

I took the drive shaft apart, cleaned, and found it this way, my research, I couldn't find anything about a washer in this position. Now, begs the question, why?

any suggestions on why this would be there, the bushing not installed all the way, what else could be the reason?

thanks for all responses

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Joe, it's anyone's guess why some folks do what they do...sometimes it's to attempt to fix something else that's maladjusted and they don't know better, or sometimes they do it because they do...

Put it together correctly and don't lose any sleep over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Thanks for your comments, I just noticed this question ended up in the classifieds, sorry, I thought it was put under the Forum...

Joe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration